Thursday, March 14, 2013

Waiting on Spring

I am so ready to see the flowers and trees start blooming in the spring, so I decided to look at photo's I took in the years past.  This first one I took when a friend of mine and I took a trip to Hogansville a few years ago. I love these old towns that are filled with beauty and charm.  Isn't this a beautiful sidewalk!




This one is my sisters back yard.  She has two green thumbs.







My basket of Petunia's last summer.






I love Hosta's, these are last years in the flower bed in front of my house.






I planted pansies in my flower boxes this week.  I see I have a lot of cleaning out to do in my flower beds before the Hosta's come up.




Milo had to come check out my work...how did I do Milo?





The daffodils are blooming in the back flower bed. 




The Fire Power Nandina was so bright this year.



The Rosemary is so pretty in purple.  Smells good too.





The Red Birds are back, there was a male and female in this pecan tree, when I was planting the pansies,
 but when I came back from getting my camera, one had flown away.  If you look close in the red circle you can see it.



This is the Red Bird last year. I want to think it's the same ones.   They seem to come when I am on the front porch, it makes me feel like they are saying "Spring is coming".   

Thanks for listening to my ramblings,


HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

Sylvia

6 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

You are in the same frame of mind as I! We had warm weather earlier this year, and then it got cold again, and now it is starting to look like spring all over again! I was just outside looking at my azaleas blooming and my sweet little pansies. I love spring! Thank you for sharing that with us!!

Stephanie said...

I am ready for warmer weather and blooming flowers :) I think we are going to have to wait a while since it snowed yesterday. Thankfully it was a very wet snow and didn't stick around.

The pictures are lovely and I would thoroughly enjoy walking on that sidewalk right now :)

Have a blessed week, my friend!

Hugs,
Stephanie

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, Sylvia, your photos are wonderful! I love the first one with the sidewalk lined with all that scrumptious pink. We don't get red birds here unfortunately. It must be a lovely sight to have them close by. Thanks for sharing and have yourself a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

That beautiful flowered tree-lined walkway with the pink blossoms actually took my breath away, Sylvia.

Oh I can't wait for warmer sunny weather, out weather today is AWFUL!

I just don't want it to get too HOT too soon, I hate being too hot.

Your garden is so nice and your kitty especially sweet and helpful!!

Have a wonderful week.

Terri said...

Hello Sylvia,
This is a lovely way to cheer one up waiting for spring! I love that walkway with the crepe myrtle (?). So beautiful! I can hardly wait either, for the spring weather to come in and all the beautiful greenery and flowers. One more day and it will officially be spring, Yay!
Hugs,
Terri

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

Hi Sylvia,
I love visiting old towns too! That sidewalk looks so beautiful with all those flowers. I have two kitty cats like yours that like to check everything that it's happening around the house. Your kitty is so cute!
Blessings,
~Wendy