Sunday, May 25, 2014

Our Daily Life needs an Anchor





 Peter and the other disciples got into the ship and sailed out into the sea, as Jesus had told them to do, a storm arose and the waves were tossed and the wind was contrary. They became afraid,as they looked out into the night they saw a man walking on the waters. Jesus spake to them saying "Be of good cheer;it is I;be not afraid".  Matthew:24-36
Peter asked to come on the water also, and Jesus bid him to come. but as Peter stepped out onto the waters, he took his eyes off Jesus, the wind had become boisterous,he was afraid and began to sink, he cried out for Jesus to 'save him'. Jesus reached out his hand to him. When they came into the ship the winds ceased and all was calm.

The storms of our personal life can come upon us as fast as the ones that bring the rains,thunder and lightening! Those storms that are within us that causes us to douth our faith and become fearful so our focus is on the situation and not on the One that's in control. The waters of douth rises and we feel as though we'll sink into the ocean of fear and uncertainty. 
Just like Peter we need an Anchor for our souls, when we take our eyes off our Savior, we can sink.

In Times Like These
Ruth Caye Jones

In times like these you need a Savior 
In times like these you need an anchor;
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock

This Rock is Jesus, yes, He's the only One!
Be very sure, be very sure,
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock.

In times like these I have a Savior,
In times like these I have an Anchor;
I'm very sure, I'm very sure
My Anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!.

 This song has been on my heart lately as I face some storms in my life, as I write this, my Lord, my anchor, has shown me that He is in control, that I must trust Him and not be afraid. I prayed as I started this post that He would give me the words to say that it may bless some one and now I find that He speaks to me. Oh what a wonderful Savior! His love and promises are always near us, if only we'll reach out and take His hand. I'll put my focus back on His promise to always be near, and "come aside to a deserted place and rest awhile." Mark 6:31


I come aside from the world of strife,
With its burdens, trials, and the cares of life
To a beautiful,quiet, restful place
Where I commune with my Jesus face to face..
.Brandt from Our Daily Bread

 


Have not I commanded thee?
Be strong and of good courage;
be not afraid,
neither be thou dismayed: for 
the Lord thy God is with you 
whithersoever thou goest.
Joshua 1:9

Like a ship on the sea needs an anchor to cause it to be still,
we need an anchor for our souls!

Lord help us to keep our focus on You,
the Anchor for our souls!

May God Bless you on this Memorial Day weekend!
Sylvia



7 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

God bless you, Syl. ♥

Stephanie said...

A beautiful post with perfect words - you have so richly blessed my heart this afternoon, dear friend.

Also, I love your header! 'The Hiding Place' has always been a favorite book of mine :) Hugs to you, sweet Sylvia! Enjoy your Memorial Day!

Jan said...

What a beautiful post-God bless!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful post. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

valerietilsten59.blogspot.com said...

A beautiful post Sylvia.
We all need Jesus in our lives.
you are in my prayers. Hope that the storm passes. It will.
love val xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful Sylvia, know that I am praying for you and Curtis through this storm with his cancer, God is with you both always!

Valerie said...

What a beautifully written post. I am so grateful for Jesus and the friend that we have in Him. Thinking of you and sending prayers and hopeful thoughts. Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie