Thursday, August 14, 2014

Dauset Trails Picnic




It was a good day for a picnic, so two of my daughters and I loaded up our cars with 5 children from the ages of 9 to 12 and headed out to Dauset Trails Nature Center nearby.  Only 3 were ours, the other 2 were friends they brought along. The weather was in the 70's this morning so it was perfect.




 As soon as we could unload the car, we set up the table for our picnic.





 We headed across the bridge but when we were about halfway the children got so excited, we had to stop and see why.



 They were so big, these turtles that had the children so happy!



After feeding them and laughing and enjoying them swimming around we headed down the trail.



We walked on down the trails, they were so nice and wide. Then across the way one of the boys saw a blue heron (if that isn't how it's spelled blame spell check)  I took a photo but couldn't get too close so it isn't too clear.





We saw the Barn Owl next.


There was a deer and a Buffalo!




Then we saw a really big frog and squirrel on a tree stump!
and



No, they aren't real, but sure was cute!


 The flower garden is always my favorite!

 We walked down more trails, I sure got my exercise for the week in today!



There's my granddaughter, Anna.




There were always benches along the trails to stop and rest.



The Log Cabin office had rocking chairs on the porch and we sat there and watched the hummingbirds and lots of other birds fly around.




I took 51 photo's but didn't think I should post all of them. You would have thought this was our first trip here,,no,, I have been going there and taking my grandchildren since they were 1 year old. It's so pretty and peaceful there, it just invites you to return time after time. With the children running around and playing with the turtles and enjoying all the animals, everyone had a great day!
But now it was time to load up and go, but we'll be back one day!


All of this is free, they only ask for a donation!

Hope your day was Blessed!

Sylvia

11 comments:

bj said...

What a beautiful place to have a picnic. So glad you had such a great time.
xo

Jan said...

Looks like a perfect day!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

What a wonderful trip with your loved ones, Syl.

I too would have loved just rocking on that porch and watching the world go by.

Hugs.

Linda said...

Beautiful! I'd love to picnic there too!!!

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

What a wonderful place!!!!! And only ask a donation. Super...

A lovely place, with something for all ages.

And what lovely photos you took! And share with us.

Gentle hugs,
Tessa~

Stephanie said...

Oh my, what an incredibly place for a picnic - I would have loved to have join you :) The nature surrounding you is truly beautiful. And I just love those turtles.

Love to you, friend!

Lady Linda said...

Sylvia, what a beautiful place...no wonder you took 50+ pix! You must have had so much fun your family out in nature. Thanks for sharing all those great photos and your excitement.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

How delightful! What a wonderful way to spend the day with your grandchildren. You are truly a blessed grandma! Thank you for sharing this with us. I feel like I was there with you.

Traveling Bells said...

What a fabulous adventure. It is important to create memories with our kids...

Beth said...

What a beautiful place, Sylvia! Love the trail and wildlife!

Debbie Harris said...

Sylvia, you caught me with my mouth open looking at those beautiful photos. :) Just wonderful! You are blessed to have such a place to go and enjoy, and free on top of it. Quite the turtles.
I can see why you go there often, I would too.
By the way, I love your new picture on the side bar.
Blessings to you sweet friend.
Joy! Debbie