Wednesday, October 22, 2014

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT FALL!



All those "Fall Festival's "  
That's what I Love!


Saturday I went to the festival in the next town, they have it every October. I love going to them, all the food and other goodies they have.









I love the town with it's old buildings. I don't like it when towns tare down the buildings and build new ones.  This small town is just minutes from where I live and still looks like the 1800's but in a good way!






 





 Now for "The Other Goodies"!

Look what I found, a booth that won my heart!
Teacups!
Sure had to bring a trio and another teacup home with me!!

This one is Royal Windsor,
England



 It has a touch of pink on it. I love the handle and the gold trim.


 This trio is my favorite!
It's hard to read the back but from what I can make out, it's 
Century Services Corp. Somi Vitrious , Alliance,Ohio
Autumn Gold


 
 Just perfect for fall harvest tea!




 On our way out~~~~






We stopped and got Boiled Peanuts!


Can you smell them boiling?
Hope your fall day is a Blessed One!
Sylvia

linking to Outdoor Wednesday

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish we had fall festivals and fairs here, they look like so much fun, your tea cups are beautiful, the one with the wheat on is very unique! I have never had boiled peanuts,

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Fall fairs do have a lot to offer in the way of interesting things to do and good food don't they?
I love the trio you found with the wheat on, perfect for an autumn tea.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Oh how wonderful, for town to have been able to preserve their heritage. Those old buildings, it is wise to preserve them. People still are nostalgic for the past. And they come to such places...

Ahhhh, boiled peanuts. Never had them. Think maybe they are a southern "thing." Maybe...

Tessa~
"Here there be musing" blog
"Here there be more words" blog

Stephanie said...

Hi sweet Sylvia! This looks like so much fun! We don't hve Fall Festivals and Fairs here...I wish we did :)

Your tea cups are simply beautiful! I love the first one :)

Also, the pumpkin spice cake in your previous post looks amazing! I'll have to make some soon. Hugs to you!

Susie said...

Sylvia, I love those teacups. I too love old buildings and hate for them to be torn down. Hope you are having an enjoyable week. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Light and Voices said...

I enjoy going to Fall Fests also. What I like is similar to your idea of the old buildings, the food such as boiled peanuts and finding a treasure for example your teacups. Interesting photos this week.
JM, Illinois

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

The festival looks fun, Syl!

Those apples I can practically taste!

I have never heard of boiled peanuts....roasted yes, boiled never. Must be a southern thing? This Yank is learning every day! LOL!

I love that yellow wheat teacup set - so perfect for autumn! Alliance, Ohio is a few hours from here. Don't think I've ever been there but may have passed through a few times. It's a very small town. I am in north Columbus, Ohio, which is central state.



Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds and looks like you had an enjoyable day - thanks for sharing it with us.
You scored some very pretty tea cups.
Thanks for stopping by. I am another one that avoids the interstate if possible.

Andrea said...

Looks like a good socialization venue too. I also love boiled peanuts. Your camera setting might be too close to the very cool temperature, so the blues are very magnified. Thanks for visiting my site as well.

Bernideen said...

This looks like great fun and a lovely day!

sandy said...

I love these kind of festivals also! So fun! Love the sweet teacups you picked up also! They'll make a nice Fall cup of tea. Have a wonderful rest of the week! Hope you can find more festivals this weekend!

NCSue said...

I've never tried boiled peanuts, but I admit it doesn't sound tempting to me, either.
Looks like a great fair - full of fun and tasties!

Traveling Bells said...

Great photos of sweet places and good times. Wonderful memories for sure...

Valerie said...

Dear Sylvia,
What wonderful photos. We have the BBQ Festival in our little town of Lexington, NC. It has been around for 31 years.Lexington, NC is the BBQ capital of the world. So lots of pigs around here. ;)
Love your tea cups. Just beautiful! What great finds.
Blessings,
Valerie