Monday, November 24, 2014

A THANKFUL TEA



 "In every thing give thanks; 
for this is the will of God
in Christ Jesus concerning
you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18


 internet photo


 Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 
This week (and everyday) is a time of  being thankful and sharing with one another. 

 I am thankful for family and friends. On Saturday I with my daughter, gave a "Thankful Tea" at her home. If you remember back in July I went to a yard sale that a friend of hers was having and bought a set of Noritake China. You may read about it here
This is the set of 6 place settings.


Nov. 3rd was Debbie,my daughter's birthday. I gave it to her. I try once or twice a year to have a Tea for us girls so we can have a day to ourselves without the men and boys.
This time we wanted to invite Allison, the lady I bought the china from, to our Tea. Thanksgiving seemed like the perfect time to have our Tea.
(P.S. "now the secret is out and you know where I put them!")


 She gave me permission to show you her picture, she's so nice and sweet. My daughters went to school with her and our families attended the same church as they were growing up.




 We really enjoyed our time today, laughing, talking and catching up on the days gone by. 


I found these pretty fall place cards at Hobby Lobby for half price. On the inside each of us wrote what we were Thankful for and then talked about it, we all had written 'Thankful for family and friends', and more.

After reading our cards about what we were thankful for, I passed a bag around and each  of us put our place cards in it. I then shook it up and reached in and drew a name for a door prize.....guess who's name I drew...yes, Allison's.! Yay!




 For their favors they got to take home their teapot teabag holders, the fall candle with it's voltive and the fall washcloth.
 I had read in a Tea guide book that one lady had used tea towels instead of napkins, so I put my napkins back in the drawer and used the washcloths I had bought to give away, they loved it!







No, I wasn't being bad and got myself a larger candle than the others....I didn't get myself one so I just used one my daughter already had. Our "Teas" aren't formal, I called it, Simple with a little  Elegant!
 






 Since there were 7 of us and the china was a place setting for 6,
 I used a different plate for myself.





The menu:

Ham sliders

Pumpkin Scones with a spice icing
(I just realized I didn't get a photo of the scones!)

Chicken Salad Croissants

Biscotti

Fruit Cups

Brownies

mixed nuts

teapot toasted bread

 Spiced honey cream

Tea:

Harney & Sons "Paris"

Chocolate Mint

Twinnings Earl Gray


So at this time of Thanksgiving , let us
"Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him, bless his name!" Psalm 100:4 esv

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

Sylvia  

linking to Rose Chintz Cottage teatime tuesday

21 comments:

Debbie said...

It was such a fun time of fellowship! I really loved everything, especially the pumpkin spice tea. Thanks for making it a special day!
Love you lots!!
Debbie

Sylvia said...

Debbie, I had forgotten about the pumpkin spice tea!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Wow! What a beautifully festive tea table, Sylvia! Everything looks marvelous and how lovely to invite Allison to your Thankful Tea. I just know that all of you ladies had a splendid time. The Noritake pattern is very pretty and the hurricane and candles all lend a lovely glow. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely table with us and joining me for tea. Have a Happy & bountiful Thanksgiving with your loved ones.

Blessings & hugs,
Sandi

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I like the idea of a Thankful Tea Sylvia and it looks like with the food and decor, everyone had a good time.

God's Grace Overflows said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sylvia!

Your Thanksgiving tea looks like so much fun! I love the whole arrangement that you did. Very festive, with lots of Thankfulness to go around.

Hugs,
Amy

Millie said...

I think you would be a wonderful friend!...such a lovely tea!

Debbie Harris said...

Your thankful tea looks just lovely, Sylvia. I would enjoy a tea party with you. :-)
Your tea set was beautiful, and how sweet of you to invite Allison, and then to see that she won the door prize, how fun.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
Love to you, Debbie

Anonymous said...

looks lovely. I have to invite my girlfriends over for a fancy, little tea party too. wonderful :)

Kay G. said...

Oh, I love this Thankful Tea! So beautiful, thank you for sharing it with us!
Happy Thanksgiving!! God bless you.

MomWaldsPlace said...

Thankful and Fun, a great combination!

Crown of Beauty said...

Simply elegant is my style... just like you! And this tea party was so delightful to read about, and to view. Loved the photos. A meaningful way to start the Thanksgiving celebrations. Many things to be thankful for. The tea set is so beautiful!

bj said...

What a lovely table and the menu sounds wonderful. So glad ya'll had fun.

Beth in NEPA said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sylvia. Lovely daughters, lovely table and so nice that you were able to include the person the china came from.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a wonderful way to share thanks to friends and family by having a thankful tea. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration. Happy Thanksgiving blessings to you!

Stephanie said...

A beautiful tea hosted by a most beautiful and generous woman. What a blessing you must be to your daughters, dear Sylvia, and what a joy to have Allison join you :)

Happy Thanksgiving to one of the sweetest blogging ladies I know - I am blessed to know you. Love you!

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Sylvia, this such a beautiful and inspiring post. Your daughter is so pretty and what a great way to thank family and friends. You are very thoughtful and caring. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I do appreciate your kind words.

Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving.

Janet

Melanie said...

Hi Sylvia,

Just popping over to blogland to say a big hello to all of my bloggy friends. My blog days are very few and far between although I have posted one of my weddings up this afternoon if you would like to see.
Your little tea party looks so elegant and everything looks so tasty……I almost want to reach out to your table to try something ! lol
I am hoping that this message finds you happy and well xo

Sandy B said...

What a fabulous and memorable tea! I would have enjoyed that very much...

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh, Sylvia- you prepared such a special treat for such sweet wonderful ladies! Allison must have been SO HAPPY to see how her china has new life with your daughter's loving care now.

Your party is to die for awesome- your menu, tablescape, gifts = all perfect.

What a treat for all. Well done, ma'am! Hugs!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sylvia,
What a wonderful Tea that you hosted!! Looks like a great time was had by all!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave such a nice comment!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

What a delightful Tea you hosted. And everyone looks so happy.

I particularly love the way one girl has her hair... Long hair, pulled to front, and tied with a big bow. Love it!

Happy day before the first of December!
Tessa~