Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Story to Tell



Each of us are a story. 
 Our lives we live and how others read it is our story.  What are we in this book of our life? What are others seeing in us?

"be careful not to forget what we've been taught--- teach it to our children and grandchildren."
Deuteronomy 3:9-10


Many of us make wills or set up trust funds to be sure our assets will be used for a good purpose after our life on earth is over.
This is being a good steward. Much more important is to be good stewards of our life story. 
The legacy we leave to our children and grandchildren is much more important than monetary things or "stuff".  It is our responsibility to be sure they know what we believe, and how God has worked in our behalf. 

 We buy books to read or check them out in libraries, and read about the lives of others or fiction people. Do we stop to think of how we live out our life in front of others. This has been on my heart lately. As we come to the end of another year, we're reminded of  TIME, how it goes by so fast! Our children and grandchildren, it seems, grew up and as for myself, I think, "where was I when this all happened"- 
So my thoughts often go to  "How do they see me in my life's story".  Am I leaving a testimony I'd want them to follow?
My heart's desire is that they see my love for God and His ways, not always my own.  His faithfulness is the story I want to pass on to them. I want to be a good steward of the story God is telling through me.

This past year has been a time of growing and learning for me. God has brought us a long way. He has seen us through my husband's cancer. I praise God for healing him. I also want to thank each of you that have prayed for us, for your kind words of friendship and love shown in your emails, without God's great love and your prayers only He knows where we'd be at this time. 




As the days come and go, I pray God will remind me of all He's done for us!


Remind me, God

When I am lonely and
Perhaps I feel despair,
Let not my ailing heart forget
That you hear each prayer...

Remind me that no matter what
I do or fail to do,
There still is hope for as long,
As I have faith in you...

Let not my eyes be blinded by
Some folly I commit,
But help me to regret my wrong
And make amends for it

Inspire me to put my fears
upon a shelf,
And in the future try not to 
Feel sorry for myself.

Give me restful sleep I need
Before another dawn,
And bless me in the morning with
The Courage to go on. 
(author unknown)

The story of God's Love was shown many years ago in a stable in Bethlehem on a night when Christ Jesus was born.

 Luke 2:10
"Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy
which will be to all people."

This is God's story to us, it's our duty to share as believers, with others, he brought to us forgiveness and hope. He deserves our praises!

May we all that know Him and have His gift of Eternal Life share His story through our life!

With angelic hosts proclaim,
"Christ is born in Bethlehem!"
Hark the herald angels sing, 
Glory to the newborn King" ( -Wesley)



Be Blessed!

Sylvia
 

6 comments:

Debbie Harris said...

Dear Sylvia, This precious heart felt post made me cry this morning. Tears of gladness and joy for you and your dear hubby. What a praise to our God for His healing in your hubby's life.
What a praise to our God for your sweet spirit as you have walked along side of the Lord through those days.
In the time I have known you I have seen Christ through you, what a story your life has been for me to see.
Sending you love and BIG hugs!
Joy! Debbie

Stephanie said...

Sweet Sylvia, your post was so touching and simply beautiful with your meaningful words. It is a blessing to see your love for our Lord and your desire for His best - you are a lovely testimony.

Hugs to you!

Beth said...

Hi Sylvia, You are so right about the witness we share and the life that we lead. Very important! Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.

NanaDiana said...

Sylvia- Your life story would have quite a chapter concerning this last year...and yet you came through it with good grace and belief intact. There are parts of my life story that I don't think I could bear to relive and other parts that fill me with the deepest of joys. Blessings to you- xo Diana

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I would love to read your life story...and I think we are all getting glimpses of it here...and I love what I see. Praying that the new year will be one of joy and blessing and good health for both of you. Looking forward to all the good things that God will bring to us in the new year and thankful for what He has already done. This was a wonderful post. Thank you.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Dear Sylvia, how I enjoyed your post! A beautiful reminder how we should live our life. I am so glad your hubby is better. A wonderful blessing!
Nancy