Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sometime Change is Good !




Your Love O Lord, reaches to the heavens,
Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Psalms 36: 5
 

SLOW DOWN!
Eleven days into the New Year already! 
Wow it's going fast, and the changes I wanted to make just aren't happening fast enough for me.  Well I have a Cold and sore throat and it's caused me to have a sinus infection, maybe it means I need to slow down and listen to what is going on with me. We make mistakes, decide to make changes, but do we really know how to do this. The changes I want to make are the ones to better my life and relationships with God and others. I want to lose weight (not having a lot of luck with that). I want a better walk with Jesus Christ and I'd like my life to reflect it. So how can I accomplish this.




I do get in a hurry to do things, I want them done now yesterday!
 So maybe this is His way of slowing me down and letting me know I need His strength.
As in Exodus 15:2, Moses said to the children of Israel
"The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation.."

"They that wait on the Lord,
shall renew their strength"
Isaiah 40:31
 

As the butterfly changes from a cocoon into a thing of beauty, 
we can too, change into what God wants us to be
by waiting on His timing. 
You've heard the old saying 
"slow down and smell the roses".
 With His strength we can
accomplish our goals. 
  



 "Teach me to do your will,
 for you are my God,
 may your good Spirit lead me on level ground."
 Psalm 14: 10

Dear Lord, as we try to be still and wait on you,,
as we continue each day in this
New Year, help us to be still and quiet 
before you and  know that your timing
 is always right. Amen


Have a Blessed Sunday!

Sylvia



11 comments:

Linda said...

This is why I picked the word; WAIT. I want things done on my timeline...not God's. My husband has a favorite saying, "You want to make God laugh? Tell Him your plans!" Constant reminder that life is on God's timing, not ours, no matter how much we want to do it all on our time or our way(s). Blessings to you...what a wonderful post. Smiles

Lottie said...

What a beautiful post, Sylvia! Hope you start feeling better soon! You have been a real inspiration to me today!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

This was such a wonderful post. It shows that "waiting on God" is already accomplishing its work in your heart. Beautiful thoughts that I needed to hear as well. Thank you, and I hope you feel better soon. Have a cup of hot tea and just take it easy!

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

Having patience is a word I try to think of often. I have always been in a hurry too; and I have found looking back that I wish I would have just been more patient and enjoyed life along the way. Time flies by us much too quickly. Now I pray to god each day to help me have the patience to wait until it is with his blessings that things will happen when and if it is in his plan. I hope you will feel all better soon. I see quite a few people saying they have not been feeling their best; I myself am having difficulty getting past this bad cold. May we all feel better soon!

Stephanie said...

HI sweet friend! Your words went straight to my heart. You are right, we are 11 days into the New Year and time is flying! I want to slow down and enjoy life, enjoy the sweet moments with my family. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs to you, Sylvia! Please feel better, friend!

Jan said...

Beautiful post, Sylvia and one that I needed!

Debbie Harris said...

Dearest Sylvia, I believe this is my favorite post of yours!
Straight from your heart and touching my own heart.
I was just saying to my husband today, " I can't believe it is already the 11th of January."
I some times chuckle at the ways God slows yid down, but I know He is doing it for our best.
I too desire to walk even closert to my precious Lord and Savior.
May we draw ever so close to Him bringing glory to His name.

Rest in the Lord, Sylvia.

Blessings, Debbie

Debbie Harris said...

Spell check, gotta love it! :-)
"when God slows"yid"down" of dear!!
I ment to say, when God slows you down.
Lol

valerietilsten59.blogspot.com said...

Dear Sylvia,
This is a most uplifting post.
I agree with you.. we need to slow down.. think before acting.
Bring more of our dear lord into our daily life.
This morning, I woke up, without any pains.. I thank our dear lord for giving me this day.
God bless..
love val xxx
you will achieve your goals..

Melanie said...

This post really spoke to my heart. I often find myself flitting from here to there and not accomplishing anything at all. I need to consciously slow down. Thank you for a wonderful post.

janice15 said...

Lovely post.... Trusting in God is the main attraction I have to re focus a lot with so much going on, I lost some weight and gain 15 of the 30 back so I got to re focus and reverse. Happy New Year with love Janice