Sunday, May 3, 2015

A Light in the Darkness




Have you ever visited a cave and followed it
deep into the ground. At first the formations
are a thing of wonder and maybe beauty. But
as you continue further it becomes dark and
almost suffocating. It's a relief to get back and
and see the light of day.
 The world has become like this cave, dark
with sin and needs light!  With all that has been
going on and no one seems to have the answer
to it's problems. There is an answer and a light
to guide us if we will only turn back to our creator
and follow His light!

John 12:46
"I am come a light into the world, that whoever believes on me should not abide in darkness."

In Jesus Christ we can have the light of salvation,
the only way to find our way in this world of 
spiritual darkness!

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths
of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow
of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of
mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me, all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the 
Lord forever.





Have a Blessed Sunday!

Sylvia

11 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful post, Sylvia. I try to seek out the Light everyday....and I don't like going in caves! lol xo Diana

Cranberry Morning said...

A perfect post for all of us to take into our heart this day - and help others along the way to see the Light.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

In all the turmoil of our world it is good to be reminded of Jesus, the LIGHT of the world! Thank you for this message today.

bj said...

Ahhh, thank you for blessing me with your lovely post today.
I hope your Sunday is blessed. I am about to make a Chocolate cake to take to our Home Fellowship this evening...we have such a wonderful group, we all love the Lord and we love each other.
xo

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Amen, Syl, amen to that!

God bless you today and all week. Hugs to my dear old pal. ♥

Susie said...

Sylvia, Some times I feel very sick and scared about our world...I pray for our leaders to do the right things , make the right choices. I pray for our world, I have to leave it to God....or I would be totally nuts. Blessings , xoxo,Susie

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful and reassuring post, my friend. We are living in a very dark time and many times it can be quite daunting, but praise the Lord we have His Word and precious promises....He is our light!

I hope your Sunday was blessed. Love to you!

doodles n daydreams said...

A very apt post. Thank you.

Diana

Beth said...

Beautiful post! I love the 23rd Psalm.

God's Grace Overflows said...

Beautifully said, Sylvia! We need to also be the light no matter what the situation is that lies ahead. I don't like dark caves and I would much rather have my flashlight on, if I'm going to be someplace dark. I am so relieved to know that God follows me into those dark places and shines the light ever so brightly so I can find my way.... Wonderful scriptures!

I hope you are doing well and are having a great week so far! Hugs to you, Amy

Martha's Favorites said...

Love this Psalm. Have a wonderful Mother's Day dear lady. Blessings, Martha