Monday, October 12, 2015

Let the Fall Festivals Begin





Saturday my hubby and I drove to Warm Springs, 
which is only a 30 minute drive, to our first Fall
Festival this year.

It had pumpkins galore!


 
And the largest prettiest red apples!





All kinds of booths, just about anything you could
want.





Just down the road not even a half mile, is the
Little White House where Pres. Franklin D. Roosevelt stayed when he came to Warm Springs.

 



He was known to stay at the Warm Springs Hotel on occasions also.



Our favorite place to eat when we go to 
Warm Springs, is the Bulloch House Resturant.
Early this year it burned to the ground. 


Wasn't it pretty, especially at night during Christmas!

It is in the process now of repairing the Victorian Tea Room building, which was a favorite of mine also, but it went out of business a few years ago.

It will be the new home of the Bulloch House until they can rebuild on the same spot.



They serve the best Home Cooking ever! People comes from miles around to eat there. They hope to 
reopen in this new place by the first of November.


 These two pumpkin wreaths were hanging on two
windows in front of a store. They look like they would be so easy to make. Pretty too!



Enjoy all the Festivals this Fall !

Have a Blessed Autumn!
Sylvia

18 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love fall festivals ! This looks like a good one !

Pamela M. Steiner said...

You put me in the mood to go find a fall festival...but alas! They are not quite as plentiful here in Florida. Love the pumpkins and apples. I do hope your favorite restaurant is back in business soon. Thank you for sharing these with us. I enjoyed the "tour" very much and can almost feel the crisp, cooler air and smell the apples and cider and other wonderful fall treats. Love it. Miss it. Someday....

RoseyGirl said...

Thanks for sharing, Sylvia. Looks like you had a great weekend. I love all the pictures, and all things Fall. Certainly does get one in the mood. I really do hope your restaurant will come back to you with all the good memories. Happy Fall. ☺

RoseyGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RoseyGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NanaDiana said...

That is just sad about that place burning down, Sylvia. I am happy they are rebuilding it. So often when that happens they never rebuild and are just gone forever.
I love fall festivals and all the sights and smells of the season. Those little pumpkin wreaths are really cute-and simple to make! xo Diana

God's Grace Overflows said...

What a fun Fall outing! So sad to hear of that building burning down...But so glad they are rebuilding! Those pumpkins and apples look very good. I love that pumpkin wreath and I bet it would be easy to make too. I love any restaurant that makes home style cooking! Yum!
Thanks for sharing your weekend with us!
Enjoy your week, Sylvia!
Hugs, Amy

God's Grace Overflows said...

What a fun Fall outing! So sad to hear of that building burning down...But so glad they are rebuilding! Those pumpkins and apples look very good. I love that pumpkin wreath and I bet it would be easy to make too. I love any restaurant that makes home style cooking! Yum!
Thanks for sharing your weekend with us!
Enjoy your week, Sylvia!
Hugs, Amy

Debby Ray said...

Oh, I just love the fall with all of the festivities and wonderful goodies! What a fun time this must have been! Enjoy your week :)

Stephanie said...

Looks like great fun, my friend :) This time of the year is so lovely. Love and hugs to you!

The Charm of Home said...

That looks like a fun weekend!

The Charm of Home said...

That looks like a fun weekend!

doodles n daydreams said...

Looks like a fun day out for the two of you. A pity your favourite restaurant burned down, I hope you found another in the meantime.

Diana

Cranberry Morning said...

What a shame about that beautiful house,! Warm Springs. General Longstreet can't be too far from there. Looks like you enjoyed a beautiful day!

sandy said...

What a fun day! Fall Festivals are the best!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Looks like you and your hubby had a fun outing, Sylvia! I flew to Ohio to visit my mom and sister, with one of my sons, his wife and two granddaughters. We went to an apple orchard and picked apples, and they had a fall festival there. Such fun!

janice15 said...

Looks like a wonderful time out...Fall festival sounds fun I don't think here in San Francisco it has that.. going to look it up.. Happy Monday with love Janice

Susan Zarzycki said...

Just found your blog! Love it! I love the Fall also.