Monday, February 8, 2016

Valentine Friendship Tea






A couple weeks ago I got a phone call from a friend, she invited me to a Friendship tea at her home today.  Jane and I worked together and have been friends since 1992, but now that I live about 40 minutes away we don't see each other as often as we would like.

She invited a few of her other friends also, I had already met a couple of them before. It's always nice to make new friends.

Jane has a lovely home and it was decorated pretty with lots of tea pots and tea cup, along with other Valentine items also.





Her living room was pretty and inviting as always.


Down the hall was her first guest bedroom, dressed and looking like a B&B.
Wouldn't you love to spend the night in this room.
She has always wanted to open a B&B.



In her Den she had a Valentine tree with hearts for a centerpiece on her smaller table. The little boxes around it was treats for her guest to take home.

She had asked me to come early before the others so we could catch up on 'girl talk'.
I took a few photo's before the others arrived and she hadn't yet finished getting ready.




Enclosed in a cabinet was a Valentine card from a friend.


I took her a card and Tulips along with a box of goodies, which I forgot to take a photo of.


She loves these wire cage thingy's, I really don't know what they are called, but they are pretty.



The food was delicious! 





 There was so much to eat.

 Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Chips
Dill Pickles 
Veggie Plate with Dip
 Cream Cheese and pineapple heart shaped sandwiches.



Miniature cinnamon rolls.
Chocolate covered Oreo bites.
 Banana Nut Bread
  
All kinds of sweets!
I didn't get photo's of everything, since the other guest arrived and everyone was talking and having a good time. One of the ladies wanted to learn how to 'skip', so there was a few minutes that we all was remembering our childhood, as Jane taught her how to skip. 
Time went by so fast and I was a little later getting home than what I told my hubby I would be. I did bring him a plate of food home so he was happy!

Have a Great Valentine Week!

Sylvia


 I will be linking to:   Roses of Inspiration

23 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

What a delightful day, Sylvia! Her home is indeed lovely - and this tea party was just the perfect thing!

The food and table - wonderful! Your tulips were a good choice as a hostess gift, because they're plantable and will come up again next year if the deer don't eat them to death first.

So - what was your favor? What was in the box? Inquiring minds wish to know, haha!

Have a wonderful week full of love! ♥♥♥

Melanie said...

How pretty! A lovely bedroom. Such a wonderful tea party with friends. I'm glad you had such a great time.

Barbara Neubeck said...

... what a beautiful Valentines Tea.
... your photos are lovely .
... I'm pleased that you and your friends had a great day together. ... I loved your tulips... a beautiful gift...
Have a good day Sylvia, hugs... Barb xxx

Breathing In Grace said...

Oh, what a fun time. So glad you were able to go....yummy food!! Getting together with friends is important.

Lady Linda said...

What a wonderful get together. The food look just so yummy and what a beautiful home your friend has to share with others.
I'm sure you had a lovely time.

Margie said...

Everything looks fantastic, Sylvia! Thank you for sharing this fun friendship tea. Happy Valentine Week!

God's Grace Overflows said...

Oh Sylvia, what fun! Her house is beautiful and you were all treated like queens. And all that food... Yum!
And to skip...yep... Great childhood memories! ☺
Have a lovely Valentines week.
Hugs, Amy

God's Grace Overflows said...

Oh Sylvia, what fun! Her house is beautiful and you were all treated like queens. And all that food... Yum!
And to skip...yep... Great childhood memories! ☺
Have a lovely Valentines week.
Hugs, Amy

Jackie said...

What a beautiful time you all shared....
Storybook perfect!

Elizabethd said...

What a lovely tea prepared by a good friend. I'm sure her B/B would be so nice to stay in.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a delightful friendship tea, Sylvia! Your friend sure knows how to hold a tea party. Aren't her dishes just beautiful with the strawberries and butterflies?! Her house is so pretty and all the food looks scrumptious. Thanks for sharing your fun time with all of us.

Cranberry Morning said...

My goodness, that sounds just lovely! She really should run a B&B. It's all gorgeous and so festive!

Christine said...

How lovely Sylvia! Everything looks so beautifully presented and with so many treats I'm sure you felt spoilt! Lovely to renew that special friendship too!

Visits With Mary said...

Everything looked so pretty, from living room to tablesetting! I love times like this, great fellowship, or as I like to say, sistership, a wonderfully great time with friends. Thanks for sharing with us, I really enjoyed 'being there.'

Danielle Carlson said...

Such a lovely teatime! All of the settings look so beautiful and the food looks so delicious. I love hosting teatimes and making a special event out of time with friends! Friendship is always worth celebrating.

Thanks for sharing!
Dani xoxo
a vapor in the wind

janice15 said...

Slyvia it looks like a mkst wonderful time. It is always nice to get away for even just a little while and what better place then with a frien and tea, have a wonderful day with love Janice

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I LOVE this post...so happy your friend invited you to a gathering of ladies. I know you enjoyed that after having to move away. Such a wonderful treat for you. Everything looked so inviting and beautiful. Yes, I'd love to stay in that beautiful guest room! What a treat!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Lady of the Manor said...

Your friend's home is decorated so nicely. She also set a lovely meal. You ladies were treated royally! Happy Valentine's Day!

doodles n daydreams said...

sounds like a fun time out and everything looks so pretty and girly :)
I'm sure your hubby enjoyed the plate of goodies, I know mine always does.

Diana

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, What a fun tea party you girls had!! So glad you had a special day with your good friend! Hey, Did you skip? :o)
Happy Valentines Day to you dear!
Love, Roxy

Conniecrafter said...

How fun to have a special day with a friend that you don't see as often now. She has a lovely home, and looks like a great spread for you all to enjoy!

Stephanie said...

Oh my, what a darling little tea party, my friend! The decorations are breathtakingly beautiful and the food, oh my! All ot it is making my mouth water :)

Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures with us...I'm so glad you were able to enjoy a Valentine's tea. Love and hugs!

bj said...

I love sweet tea parties and this sure seemed like a great one....such good foods. We have our home fellowship gathering tomorrow evening and this week, we all bring salads...I am taking Chicken Salad with grapes and pecans...there will be lots of good salads and desserts....maybe I'll just take some good teas and we'll have a tea party of sorts. :)
xo