Monday, May 2, 2016

Tiny Flowers Bouquet and Sweet Honeysuckles


I always love when my grandchildren come for a visit. Yesterday I was blessed with 3 of them,and their mothers.
While sitting on the front porch enjoying the pretty weather and talking, my granddaughter Morgan, gets up and goes into the yard and starts picking up something off the ground. I asked her what was she doing and she said, "picking tiny flowers".




This is what she ended up with. She never ceases to bless my life. As she was growing up, I would always find little notes she left for me to find, when she came for a visit. They usually said, "Morgan was here" or "Morgan loves Grandma". Awe such a blessing!  Yes, I am that kind of Grandma that keeps these sweet notes!


 Here are the flowers she was picking.



 Pink ones...


White ones


I don't really know what kind they are or if they are weeds but I like to think of them as Wildflowers.


 Well today our Lawn Care guy came to cut our grass. This is what it looks like now. All the tiny flowers are gone.  I had just enough time to take the above photo's before he arrived just 10 minutes later.






 Look what dropped by to gather what it could find in the freshly cut grass.
 


Isn't it cute.......Love Redbirds!


 Growing on the fence (and up the tree) on the property line or honeysuckles. This morning my hubby and I was sitting on the patio listening to the birds sing, the sweetest aroma came drifting through the air. Yes, it was the honeysuckles!

According to the internet, the honeysuckle is a wildflower that grows from 4ft to 10 ft. We have both sizes. The bees, birds, and butterflies love the nectar from it. As a child and as an adult I have pulled the stem and sucked the nectar out, it is good...now you have done the same thing, right!


Here it is growing along the fence.





Until next Time
Have a Blessed Day!

Sylvia

17 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

Grandbabies, no matter the age, are such blessings! I love red birds, too...and owlies!! ;-) Happy Monday, sweet Lady.

Debbie Harris said...

Your bouquet of tiny flowers from your grand babies is darling, Sylvia. Those bouquets are special in deed!
Have a beautiful rest of your day~
Debbie

Elizabeth said...

Yes grandchildren are wonderful! I have sucked the nectar of honeysuckles as a child, have not thought about that in a long time! Red birds are my favorite and we are blessed with many!

Stephanie said...

What a darling little bouquet of flowers, Sylvia. And they are extra special becauce they were picked in love :)

Enjoy your afternoon! Love and hugs!

Elizabeth said...

Yes grandchildren are wonderful! I have sucked the nectar of honeysuckles as a child, have not thought about that in a long time! Red birds are my favorite and we are blessed with many!

Elizabethd said...

Every garden should have a honeysuckle. They add such pleasure. So do little bouquets!

NanaDiana said...

I love those sweet little flowers. Not sure what they are but we used to call them May flowers. There is nothing like the scent of honeysuckle in the air, is there? There is just something comforting about it to me.

So glad you love your grandkids like you do and get such a blessing from them. I am the same way. xo Diana

Margie said...

How sweet of your granddaughter to pick you a pretty bouquet of wildflowers!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: What a sweet little granddaughter! You are a lucky lady. Have a wonderful Mother's Day! Blessings, Martha

Jackie said...

I have a baby Grand (girl) that loves those tiny flowers, too! And the fact that she shares them with me blesses my heart.
Our Grands are gifts from God....and I am thankful each and every day to be able to share in the love that will forever be between "Grands" and their Grandparents.
This is beautifully written....and I love your photographs. Beautiful!

Visits With Mary said...

I sure have sucked the nectar from honeysuckle!! What a sweet bouquet. Not too long ago my little great granddaughter came for a visit, when I opened the door she was standing there with her little hand out holding a bouquet of flowers for me. So precious, like your Morgan, she had picked the flowers from the front yard. Think of me when you're on the patio in the morning, having your coffee/tea and smelling the honeysuckle, sounds delightful. Blessings!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I am so glad you got a picture of those sweet little wildflowers before the lawn man came! And I am especially glad that your awesome granddaughter picked that beautiful bouquet for you before the flowers were mowed down as well. I LOVE wildflowers of all kinds, and often pick bo-kays and put them in mason jars or juice glasses and enjoy them until they wilt. Love your honeysuckle...we have a LOT of that blooming here in our yard right now too, along with the confederate jasmine. It all smells so sweet...I almost can't stay outside because of it...but I do love it. Thank you for sharing this with us. It brightened my day!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Being a Grandma is such a blessing Sylvia.
With precious moments like yours and the notes made by Morgan!
My middle grandie Stella is the same. She always leaves little notes under my pillow when I'm staying with them!
On our walks around the village she would pick flowers to bring home,!
Love your red bird - a red Cardinal I think!
Thank you for popping in - lovely to see you!
Shane

shortybear said...

I love honeysuckles

Joyful said...

How lovely to have the grandchildren and your children over. Morgan sounds so very cute.

God's Grace Overflows said...

Handpicked flowers are the best! And even more so from a grand daughter. My boys do that often. I'd rather have handpicked than store bought any ol day. :)
I love honeysuckle and yes have drank the nectar a lot! Good times!
Enjoy your day! Amy

Lottie said...

You have inspired me to go outside and collect honeysuckles! Thank you! Hope you are having a great day!