Thursday, October 19, 2017

Thankful Thursday and Back Porch Sitting




Every day the Lord wakes me, I am Thankful!
The sun is shining through my window!
The temperatures has cooled off!
and
This morning I had lost another pound!

Getting weight off that took years to put it on,
isn't easy.  I am on a low carb diet mostly for 
my health, but I would be lying if I said I didn't 
want to Look better also and fit into my clothes.
It's taken me 6 months to get 26 pounds off.
I am thankful for my sister Linda and my friend,
Jane and my family for their encouraging me!

Yesterday my hubby and I spent most of the afternoon with my friend Jane and her friend Franklin.
Saturday was her birthday. We enjoyed sitting on her screened in back porch.
We had tea and pumpkin pie I had baked for her.




She always decorates for every season.
I took too many photo's to share today so
tomorrow for Friday Foto Friends, I will
try to post the photo's I took of her decorations.

Sylvia


7 comments:

Debby Ray said...

That is awesome, Sylvia! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

You two look beautiful with your pretty smiles and tea mugs on the porch. Congrats on the weight loss. Happy Birthday (belated) to Jane!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

A true friend is a gift and blessing indeed! You look marvelous, Sylvia! So proud of you for your weight loss accomplishment!! I am glad you are enjoying some beautiful fall weather and time with friends and family. Such a blessing. Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to seeing your other photos tomorrow!!

Margie said...

Congrats on shedding the extra pounds. Keep up the good work!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Hi Syl- hey buddy, you're looking GREAT! You lost another pound but I pretty much know who found it. Haha.

I finally posted my grand baby today! You won't believe how big she's gotten!

Have a wonderful and blessed day.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Congrats Sylvia!! 26 pounds!! I JUST began a low carb diet 4 weeks ago after finding that not only had I stopped maintaining my weight with increased exercise and a low fat diet . . . I was GAINING! Yay menopause. I've lost 12 pounds but I know that will slow down. I'm struggling to find a sweetener that isn't bitter. I did find a baking mix on Amazon so I can have me some biscuits once in awhile haha. Tonight I made a wonderful key lime pie with an almond flour crust. It was wonderful!!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I love this picture of you and your friend, Jane. Tea and pumpkin pie with a friend sounds perfect. That is great that you lost so much weight. Yes, it's so hard, indeed. Good for you, Sylvia.

~Sheri