Wednesday, December 6, 2017

HUMILITY





He humbled himself and left his home in Heaven.
He came to earth as a baby, yet still holy.
He so loved us that He was willing to die for us,
so we could have life ever lasting.

Oh how great a Love!

The highest lesson a believer has to learn is humility.
I am learning this myself. This December 20th my hubby and I will be married 54 years. We were  young when we married, I had just turned 18 and he 20.
We have been through many highs and lows in our marriage. Like life, marriage is a journey with each other, holding each other up and encouraging one another in sickness and health.  I am having to do this with my hubby more so now, he has COPD and has had it for years. It is hard, but by
the grace of God we will get through this one day at a time.
I said that so you may understand that even if I don't post often, and I know you understand that it takes time to blog, you are all in my thoughts and I miss you. He needs my Time and attention and I want to do all I can for this man that I Love.


" Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."
Matthew 23:12 ESV



In trials and weakness and trouble, our Lord seeks to bring us low, so we may learn that His grace is enough, and His strength is made perfect in our weakness.

"Humble yourselves therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that at the proper time he may exalt you."
1 Peter 5:6


I will post a couple of photo's of my Christmas decorations.

My guest room




This is before I put the tree skirt on.










My table setting.
We had fun with this on
facebook . I took Diana's idea from NanaDianatakesabreak  and ask what plate would they like for theirs, at my Christmas Tea Party. Everyone wanted the Cardinal and the stocking.  







Table centerpiece







"Believe" garland on mantle in guestroom.



There's more but I haven't had time to put them
on my computer. I will try to do so and post them soon.

Have a Blessed Day!



Sylvia

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sylvia, Nice to see an update and yes, we understand your need to devote your time/energy to your husband. Congrats on your upcoming anniversary. Please just update us as you have a moment. Praying for you both. I love your Christmas decor photos. The tree is lovely and I like the Believe banner.

Billie Jo said...

Hello!
Such a lovely post today...
Your thoughts are beautiful. : )
And your Christmas home?
Amazing!!!
Have a cozy afternoon. : )

Susie said...

Sylvia, I hope you and your sweet man will be together many more years. Love the decorations. Blessings to all, stay warm, xoxo, Susie

Carol W. said...

Yes, of course, your dear husband comes first. May God bless him ... and you ... with renewed health. Happy anniversary to you both! Your Christmas decorations are lovely! I wish this joyous season could last longer than one month! God bless you!

Karen said...

Your home is decorated beautifully! I like the napkin with the stocking, but they are all lovely. I am sorry to hear of your husband's COPD. My son had heart and lung problems and it is a big demand on the caregiver. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

you are such an inspiration to me,, and what a beautiful table you set!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What a gift you are to your husband! He's so blessed!

Your tree is beautiful!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Your hubby is so blessed to have such a committed and loving wife. Happy upcoming 54th anniversary! That is wonderful!! Praying for your hubby. I am happy that you are still able to do special things together and enjoy seeing your little excursions here and there as your share them. You are doing a great job of decorating your home...everything is so pretty! I do want to come visit sometime. I keep saying that...and we never go anywhere, but I'd still love to do that someday! You are a very special lady and a friend for whom I am very thankful! Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary (soon)!

Robyn said...

Hi Silvia,
Thank you so much for posting this about humility. I too care for my husband. We have been together 20 years. I have been through 9 back surgeries, gall bladder removal, he had a heart attack last year and has recently been diagnosed and was hospitalized with heart failure. So I know all too well about time. I just was able to finally resurrect my blog on blogspot tonight after being away for a long time. I too would love to blog more but with my husbands health and my own most times, there isn't a lot of time but I am going to try. I send my love to you and your husband for a blessed Advent and Christmas.

Cathy said...

Your decorations are beautiful. I especially love the picture of your tree and fireplace. Gorgeous!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Oh Sylvia - what a testimony and example of Christ's love for HIS bride that you are showing to your husband. Praying that this season will find you both able to enjoy each other's company in new and special ways even with his limitations. Your decorations look lovely - so warm and cozy! Love that centerpiece and the little elf . . . great job!

Stephanie said...

Good morning, dearest Sylvia! My, what a beautiful post. Your decorations are every so sweet and lovely. And 54 years of marriage! What a blessing, dear friend. I hope this next year is filled to the brim with many blessings and joyous memories.

Love and hugs to you!

Lisa said...

I love the plaid garland.
Yes it can be time consuming to blog. Take care of the things that are precious to you. There will aways be time to blog later!
Lisa

Visits With Mary said...

Your home is so pretty all decorated for Christmas. I understand about blogging, it does take time at least it does for me. I also understand that Curtis needs you. . . I also have COPD and depend on Mr D for so many things. Blog when you can because I always love visiting with you. Hope you're having a great weekend! ((hugs))

Red Rose Alley said...

Sylvia, your words are so very special today, and I'm trying to be humble in life as well. Thank you for this gentle reminder. I miss you too, but really understand you caring for your husband right now. Your tree is beautiful, and I smiled when I saw your white stocking because I just did a post about my new white furry stocking. I've been wanting one for a long time. Your Christmas tea party sounds lovely, and a hot cup of tea right now sounds good. Take care, Sylvia, and have a merry Christmas season.

~Sheri

ps.....54 years of marriage is wonderful, indeed.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I hope your husband is comfortable and not having too much difficulty with his illness. My mother had COPD for years. Humility is one of my words this month- I am dealing with a bad stage of grief and it's hard to control my anger most days. I hope you and your husband both have a blessed week!

Breathing In Grace said...

I've so enjoyed seeing all of your beautiful CHRIST-mas decorations on Facebook. I completely understand about the time it takes to blog...I'm not being consistent these days and at first it made me anxious, but I'm trying to realize that God has other things more important for me to take care of right now. Prayers for your precious husband...my Dad had COPD, so I somewhat understand about that, too. God is so good to us, sweet Friend. Hang in there....<3