Tuesday, January 16, 2018

On my Bucket List



I am not a winter type of person.
This cold weather doesn't help at all
to make a person happy. Staying inside
out of the cold trying to stay warm.
I am so ready for Spring, so I thought
I would show you some photo's of 
Gibbs Garden in the North Georgia mountains
near Ballground. I have been here, but never 
in all our trips visited the gardens.


Gibbs Garden






Gibbs Garden




Gibbs Garden


Gibbs Garden

I have never been there but I sure would 
love to.  It is on my bucket list.
We don't drive through Atlanta anymore,
so someone will need to drive for us when
we go.

Isn't Spring flowers much nicer to see than
snow, although snow is pretty, I'd much rather
enjoy pretty flowers and warm weather.


Gibbs Garden Trails


Gibbs Garden Manor House


The 300 acre estate has over 220 acres of beautiful
gardens. It is opened to the public.


This photo was posted on their Facebook page
December 21, 2017 


Gibbs Garden photo of Japanese Pool

Beautiful but makes me chilly.

All this 20's and 30's temperatures in the mornings, isn't good for my bones. Today the weatherman is saying we 'may' get up to 1/2 inch of snow tomorrow morning. Hope not.. I have to drive an hour for my Hubby's doctor appointment.



Have a Blessed Day!
Sylvia

11 comments:

Sandi said...

Very nice!! Ok, I am ready for Spring!

Susie said...

Sylvia, I loved all your pictures. I too am ready for spring. What is crazy, Today is below zero and wind chills are dangerously low. But come Saturday it's to be 50 degrees. I am having trouble thinking of how many layers I need for the day. LOL. lease always be safe when out driving or walking in snow and ice. Blessings to you, and a big warm hug. xoxo, Susie

Karen said...

The garden is heavenly! Thank you for the bright colors this morning!

Carol W. said...

I am beyond ready for Spring! I too do not like Winter as my body does not like cold temps the older I get. Thank you so much for sharing the garden photos! They're lovely! God bless you.

Red Rose Alley said...

I love the winters here, Sylvia, but it doesn't get as cold here as where you live, and I'm enjoying seeing all my blog friend's snow around their neck of the woods. Gibbs Garden is very pretty, and I do hope you get to visit there since it's on your bucket list. The Manor House in so charming. Thank you for the Ecclesiastes quote today, it is beautiful.

~Sheri

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Out here in California we don't really get much of a winter. I'm actually really looking forward to some upcoming rainy days later this week. I've always dreamed of a snowy holiday season. It looks so pretty in the photos...until you have to shovel it I guess.
The Gibbs Garden does look stunning. Looking forward to spring flowers too.

God's Grace Overflows said...

We haven't had much snow this winter, but we have had frigid temps which is just as bad. If it's gonna be cold, it should be snowing, especially here because it is so dry.

I love all those pretty flowers, warms the soul. That garden is beautiful! I hope you get to visit it sometime this year.

Try to stay warm and cozy!

Hugs, Amy

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I do love the snow, but I can certainly understand how hard it is to enjoy when it is so cold, and the older we get, our bodies just don't work as well as they did in our younger years. In a month or so, I will be ready for spring... but I did enjoy your pictures of the beautiful Gibbs garden that you shared, my it is a beautiful place! And oh my, just absolutely stunning in winter! I hope the weather cooperates for you tomorrow so that you don't have to drive in difficult weather. Blessings to you today dear friend!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

It IS such crazy weather! Just watching all the ice and snow that the South is getting this morning . . . YET, at least the warmth comes back a few days later. Up here, we won't see thawing until May lol! I know though that the South is not prepared for weather like this so it can be so treacherous. Praying the weather is clear for you drive to hubby's Dr. appt!

Kay G. said...

What about the botanical gardens at Middle State University? Would they be near where you live? I haven't been there but I have heard of them. Something to check out in the Spring! x

Pamela M. Steiner said...

That would certainly be a beautiful place to visit in the spring. Maybe one of your daughters could take you. That would be lovely outing. I hope it is starting to warm up for you today. We will be down to 27 again tonight, which is cold for us two nights in a row. But no snow. Be safe and warm.