Tuesday, February 19, 2013

NEW FINDS

This morning I wanted to share a few items I've found while out shopping.  A couple weeks ago my friend, Jane and I went  to Juliette to have lunch at the Whistle Stop Cafe.  I found this cute spoon rest in a shop there.  I can't believe this is the only thing I bought.



Here is Jane in the cafe, she would only let me take her picture from afar.  If you remember a few weeks ago I posted about my  trip to Juliette with my hubby, the cafe was about to close so we didn't get to eat there, and when I told Jane about our visited she wanted us to go. 



Whistle Stop Cafe






This is my plate.  I love sweet potato fries and grill chicken sandwiches.  







Friday Jane came to visit me and we went shopping in my town where there are several local antique and consignment shops.  We had a walk in the park in town and then on to shopping. I found this hatbox at one of the stores and was so surprised at the price, only $2.99.




I love hatboxes.  I am using this one to store some of my mini tea sets.  




Jane just had to buy me this plate when I was admiring it.  She said that I could remember her by it, she is such a generous and good friend, I told her I didn't need anything  for me to remember her by.  When I got home with it I noticed I had a teacup and a vase, (that seems to me), that the rose pattern  matched. This morning I made myself a cup of Earl Gray tea with cinnamon raisin toast for breakfast.  




I love the  edges of the plate and vase. I had the ribbon on the vase but I think I like it better without it.


HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
Sylvia

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sylvia, look at all of those lovely finds :) The plats is beautiful with the roses and gold rim - the design is very pretty! And what a fun hatbox :) Your lunch looked delicious - I would love that for my lunch today.

Thanks for sharing and I hope your day is blessed!

Hugs,
Stephanie

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Wonderful treasures you found, Sylvia!!

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Hi Sylvia,
Looks like you had a lot of fun finding treasures! The resturant looks like it is filled with character. I love sweet potato fries, too! Your tea today so pretty! Happy tea day to your!
Nancy

Bernideen said...

Some great treasures. Your friend's cafe reminds me of an old general store.

Bernideen said...

I see I got a little mixed up - yuou were with your friend Jane - looks like ya'll had fun !

Martha's Favorites said...

Sylvia: Everything looks so beautiful. I would have loved to share the day with you. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

Chenille Cottage said...

What a fun day! Lunch in a famous eatery and some good old fashioned shopping. You found some wonderful treasures!
I'm so glad you stopped by. thank you for your kind comment.
Blessings,
Carolynn xo
Oh...how I love your header! What better focal point than God's Word!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I LOVE sweet potato fries too!!! And fried green tomatoes! I had some at a local restaurant here called "The Ivy House", on Valentine's Day with my office staff.
I love your hatbox, plate, and cup and saucer and vase! Yes they DO match! The spoon rest is adorable.
Ok, I loved everything about this post, except that I couldn't be there too! Maybe someday I'll take a trip to your neck of the woods and we'll go tea-partying and shopping too!

Thanks for sharing!!

Nellie said...

Sweet potato fries are yummy! Jane sounds like a very good friend!

Melanie said...

Oh I adore those rosy pieces that you have Sylvia ! The plate, vase, cup......everything ! Enjoy your gift from your friend, she wanted to spoil you with something that you loved so just enjoy it xo

Traveling Bells said...

I stole some of Dick's sweet potato fries at dinner last night. Love them! What wonderful finds you two found! I was by the WSC once, but they were closed. I need to go there and try some of those vittles! Yumm...

CEO Lisa Anne - L.A said...

I love all of your pretty treasures! The rose pattern is beautiful! Jane sounds like a very nice friend!
Have a wonderful day!
hugs,
Lisa

Beth said...

Sylvia, I enjoyed this post. I adore your hat box and your plate. I also like your pretty teacup! The Whistle Stop Cafe looks like a fantastic place for a bite to eat! I know you and Jane had a very good time there. Have a nice wknd, Sylvia!

Julie Marie said...

Beautiful treasures Sylvia!... love your rose china especially!... sounds like such a nice day with friends, xoxo Julie Marie