Tuesday, March 20, 2018

A Moment to Breathe



Today is the first day of Spring!
So thankful, now for some pretty
sunny days!


Park in Savannah, Georgia


Yesterday, my husband and I drove
to Macon for his doctors appointment.
After lunch we had about 30 minutes
to spare before his appointment,
so I visited the Lifeway Christian bookstore.

I found a new devotional. It's written for
and by women. They share their life experiences.
The title of the book is
"A Moment to Breathe".

Day one's moment quote was, 
"look into the eyes of someone today that
you meet and may not know with a smile
that says "Hi". 
A simple smile will go a long way to someone
that may be having a bad day.

"I am sure of this, that he who have started
a good work in you will carry it on to completion 
until the day of Christ Jesus"
Philippians 1:6
Christian Standard Bible


Savannah, Georgia


I even went on and read the second day! It is 
blessing me. The title is,
"Praying for rain"


"Ask the Lord for rain in the season
of spring rain. The Lord makes the rain
clouds and he will give them showers of
rain..."
Zechariah 10:1
Christian Standard Bible


Well yesterday, I was praying that it 
wouldn't rain. God answered my prayers.
You see I don't like to drive in the rain,
especially thunderstorms. That was the
forecast for the day. The severe thunderstorms
held off until 3 A.M. this morning. I am so thankful
for answered prayers.


"Give thanks for the abundance He has shown"

'A Moment to Breathe'




Savannah, Georgia fountain


This week my granddaughter, Morgan
and grandson Johnathan's college is out
for Spring Break. Along with a few friends,
they took a trip to Savannah for a couple days.
These were some of the photo's they took.



Tybee Island Beach

Personally I read the King James Version
of the Bible, but always check with it when
reading from a different version.

I am so thankful and grateful for all blessings,
and thanks for all the prayers you have said for
my hubby and I. He is continuing to improve and 
getting stronger with the help of Physical Therapy.

Have a Blessed Day!



11 comments:

Elizabethd said...

That sounds like a really lovely devotional. I'm going to see if it is available here.

Anonymous said...

So thankful your husband is improved and will continue to pray for you both, Sylvia. I'm thankful also that you did not have to drive in the rain. The thunderstorms came thru here during the night also. These photos from your grands are beautiful. I love Spring in the South. May the Lord bless you both today.

Anonymous said...

p.s. Thankful you are enjoying your new devotional. I love the Christian bookstore.

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful pictures!Have a blessed day too!Hugs!

Stephanie said...

Happy Spring, my friend! Your photos are simply lovely and have me yearning for spring blossoms. It will be a while yet until I see any here in the mountains.

Your devotional sounds wonderful! And I couldn't help but smile at your answered prayer. God cares about every little detail - what a blessing! Hugs to you!

Susie said...

Sylvia, I am thankful you did not have to drive in the rain. I do not like heavy rain or fog driving. I like seeing the road. :) Great photos from the children. I love the park views. Blessings to you and your husband. xoxo, Susie

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So wonderful to have this update and positive passage from you. I love the sounds of that devotional book. Sounds like a keeper. So glad you weren't caught in the storms. We are under a severe thunderstorm warning/possible tornado warning now, but I am praying it will pass over us and go out to sea. Glad to hear that your hubby is doing some better. Praying for both of you. Loved the pictures.

Lisa said...

I could spend all day looking around Pathways book store! My daughter is going to TYbee island for the first time in June. I hear its a nice place to take a vacation.
Lisa

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Sounds like a good devotional. The weather has certainly been crazy all around the country! I was in Ohio the past few weeks and it snowed almost the whole time I was there. My crocuses are blooming and we are supposed to get a bit of snow on Friday!

Red Rose Alley said...

Savannah, Georgia is so charming, Sylvia. I can't wait to see it when I visit Nel.

I'm so glad to hear your husband is getting stronger every day. : )

~Sheri

Drink Recipes said...

Thank you forr sharing