Monday, October 21, 2013

TEA ROOM CLOSING


Oh No, my favorite local Tea Room, The August Moon Tea Room and Pretty Things Gift Shoppe, is closing!  I have been taking my daughter's and granddaughters to this great and beautiful Tea Room for years.  Ms. Maggie is retiring and having a Liquidation/Estate Sale on November 22,23.  November 2 will be the last day she'll be open for business. 


It is full of hats, gloves and other items that you can wear during your Tea and she will be selling it all.






I have bought many a tea cup and teapot in the Pretty Things Gift Shoppe.






I recently had a "Back to School" tea with my daughter and granddaughters. 




My granddaughter,Anna brought her friend Jenny, this was her first time going to a tea room.  I was happy to bring her . She loved it.



My granddaughter's love the grilled cheese sandwiches.



My favorite is the Almond Chicken Sandwich with the broccoli salad and fruit cup.

I will surely miss the pleasure of going to the August Moon!
Best of luck, Ms. Maggie


HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
Sylvia

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh no, how sad to have one of your favorite tea room's closing :( It sounds like you have many special memories there which is certainly a blessing! May you have a joy-filled day, my friend. Love and hugs!

Tessa~ said...

Oh how sad, to lose such a delightful spot!!!!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! -sigh- I take it, there is no one who wants to take over and continue running it? Oh so sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a wonderful place, to be able to take children and introduce them to a lovely tea. So glad you took them, when you did. At least, they will have this memory.

And what a lovely, lovely, lovely photo of you! I mean especially, the 5th photo down. Just beautiful!!!

Tessa~

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Maybe you should take it over! Wouldn't that be fun? I hope someone else will buy it and keep it going. I hate to see lovely places like that disappear. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Clara said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your tea room closing. We also have one closing here. Your photos look so nice. Have a nice week.~Clara

Lottie said...

What a beautiful picture of you and the girls! So sorry to hear about your tea room closing! Love those grilled cheese sandwiches. Wish more tea rooms would open up!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not another tea house closing! Why do they liquidate? Sure wish they could just sell their businesses - this saddens me to no end.

You must be so upset. : - (

Well I know you will do some shhopping as we did at The Ruby Pear, but I just hate this so much.

Traveling Bells said...

Look at those pretty gals! Sad to hear the tearoom is closing...

Marilyn Miller said...

Oh I would have bought that $3 teacup, I love it.