Wednesday, September 19, 2018

WHEN-SDAY BLESSINGS and The Lion King






I love the early morning hour when I wake
up and have my morning devotions, with
my Lord. He always has something to
touch my heart in His word and the 
devotional books I read.

"Do not remember the past events,
pay no attention to things of old"
Isaiah 43:18

This morning my lesson in my life was
about not looking back. Learn from life's
ups and downs and move on.





In the movie The Lion King, Simba was depressed,
wrongfully thinking he was responsible for his
father's death. Pumbaa advised him to put his
past behind him. We can't change our past. It 
doesn't help to dwell on it.  When we do it's a 
form of bondage holding our future hostage.

"Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall
spring forth.." 
verse 19

When we dwell on the past, condemn ourselves,
hold on to regrets, hurt feelings, bitterness, anger,
and grudges and refuse to forgive and go forward, we limit ourselves and won't be able to move on
to all the Lord has for us.

This morning I pray we take time to consider if there is anything keeping us from the perfect place
God has for us.

O Lord, I pray for your leading and strength
to let go of that which is behind and to keep my
eyes on you."
Amen

Have a Blessed Day 
filled with sunshine and roses!
Sylvia

11 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Such a good word for us all, Sylvia! Thank you for this encouragement!

Your header is so pretty too!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I love this..."When"sday is a great little poem...and you have blessed my Wednesday with these wonderful thoughts. So glad you are posting more regularly these days. Hope you are feeling okay??

Nonnie said...

What a good word to hear today. The enemy wants to remind us of the bad things and we have so much that is rich from our God. Thank you, Sylvia.

Visits With Mary said...

Great post Sylvia, Amen and Amen!

Debby Ray said...

What a great truth you shared here today, Sylvia...beautiful post! Hugs!

terre said...

well, this was a timely post for me to read today! thanks for the important words and reminders.

terre

Chatty Crone said...

I did like that today - and I have to say I am in the process of getting there - but sometimes i fall back. Today I went for a massage - I had bought some from Groupon - they should be relaxing and make you feel good - however - and I know it was her selling techniques to buy more things - but she was telling me all that was wrong with me - and it was a lot! Being I am going tho some health issues now - just made me mad about myself and sad. So I have to pick myself up and tell myself God doesn't make junk - no matter what.

Kay G. said...

My Dad's best expression is "let it go". He is 91 now, it must be a good thing to do!
Lovely post, thank you and God bless you.

Debbie Harris said...

WEN-SDAY-BLESSINGS isn't that sweet!
Enjoyed reading this post, Sylvia.

Bless you ~

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Great way of putting things in perspective - thank you, Syl and Puumbaa! ♥

Been missing you. Hope your husband is feeling better. You both are in my prayers. Hugs. ♥

Red Rose Alley said...

The "WHEN" verse is comforting, Sylvia. I love the early morning hours too. It's when I can see a sunrise, have a hot cup of coffee, be still, pray, and listen. : )

~Sheri

ps...how I love those red roses at the end of your posts.