Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A 'PEACH' OF AN OUTING



I love those old towns that haven't changed in time! They touch my heart in some way that I can't seem to explain.
The old stores!



Here in this little and I do mean 'little' town of Musella, Ga. is an old 'Cotton Gin'.  It sits next to the Peach Packing shed that has some of the best Peaches in Georgia. We try to go every year and get peaches and ice cream.  My hubby and I met my daughter, and two grandchildren there yesterday, to have a day out.


See the old car on the left. Don't see many of those anymore!



Inside there is so much to see and do! Of course this is where they pack the peaches, today they weren't packing, guess they must be picking!


Don't they look delicious!
 This is some that are For Sale.





Above the packing area and around the building are old furniture and things that were used long ago.
Love the old stove and coffee table.
The building is open air and the ceiling is full of ceiling fans.




Lot's of veggie's and other items for sale.




Oh, I can't forget to tell you about the Peach Ice Cream, it was so good!  Here's Anna with hers in a waffle cone. I got mine in a cup.


I hope you enjoyed our trip to the Peach Packing Shed!

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

Sylvia


I will be linking to:   "Outdoor Wednesday"

7 comments:

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

what a delightful outing!!! for all of you.

and what a gem of an old place. so glad you have commemorated it, with a post and photos.

just look at the old painted-on-brick-wall signs!!!!! so many gone now... one summer, my husband painted a sign for our corner drug store, on the brick side of the building. -sigh- memories...

oh and that ice cream... how could any taste any better, than that made, right there??? :-)

so glad to see you and your dear husband, out and about and enjoying outings. please do more. for you, and for your readers.

gentle hugs,
tessa~

Babs said...

Love to visit old towns. I'm Googling Musella. That's a new one to me. Thanks for taking us along.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh thank you for sharing this with us! How delightful and delicious!!! So happy to see that you and the family had such a fun outing. I am sure you were ready for it. I can almost taste the peaches! Loved the packing house! I am so happy for you to have had this special time together. make every minute count!

janice15 said...

I too love old towns but it's been a long while now but I constantly think I want to go back where i spent much time as a child growing up about 400 miles north or San Francisco my best memories.. I love the peaches they look fantastic.. thanks for sharing.. with love Janice

Light and Voices said...

Enjoyed the cyber tour of this old town and dying for some Georgia peaches now. Good job on the photos.
JM, Illinois

Lottie said...

Oh, that peach ice cream looks so good! Thanks for sharing your trip!

Chris said...

Hi Sylvia, I could go for that ice cream right now. Mmmmmm. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/