Monday, August 10, 2015

A Special and Blessed Day






"And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove!
for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
Psalm 55:6


Today is a specially blessed day! It is my birthday!


I don't feel a day older than yesterday! My daughter's asked me yesterday how I felt. I told them it wasn't the age that bothered me, it was that I am not as strong and not able to do all the things that I have enjoyed doing all these years.

"And even to your old age I am he; and even to gray hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you."
Isaiah 46:4

I claim these verses to be true today, as we that are God's children can trust Him to be with us and carry us each day as we grow older. Each day is a blessing and with a thankful heart, I praise God for all the times He has carried me. 
My blessings are too many to name. When I started to blog I prayed about what to name it, "A Grandma's Blessings" came to my mind. As a wife, mother and a grandmother I have received so many blessings. To share each and every one would take another lifetime. As the days go by there are so many changes and challenges we face. 
Face them with courage and faith.  
There are some times and days that are good and some uncertain. As time goes on I will not be posting as often, I have enjoyed meeting and getting to know so many wonderful ladies and reading your blogs.  I'm not saying goodbye,  I just need some time to focus on things that are near and dear to my heart.

May God Bless you and your Day
as He is Blessing mine!

Sylvia


19 comments:

Sandi said...

"... I just need some time to focus on things that are near and dear to my heart."


Totally know what you mean!

:-)

Unknown said...

I need to claim this verse: ""And even to your old age I am he; and even to gray hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you."
Isaiah 46:4
Thanks for posting and we will look forward to any post you share. I am unable to do so many things that I used to do, so I need His help daily.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Beautifully said! Happy birthday!

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Beautifully said! Happy birthday!

Linda said...

Happy belated birthday Sylvia! hope you had a great day. As I was looking at photos from just a few years back I see how I have changed too........those changes to older are not my most favorite....I hate not being able to do as much as I used to do....but, hey, I'm alive and happy and doing great. We are blessed in more ways than we know.

Jan said...

Happy Birthday and God Bless!

Debbie Harris said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Oh Sylvia ~ This was so beautifully said. You are a dear and sweet lady that is why you can see the beauty and blessings in life. I pray that the Lord will grant you many more years to gather those lovely memories and blessings, and that He will give you the strength that you need for each and every day that He blesses you with.

You and your precious blog have richly blessed my heart, Sylvia, and I will certainly miss you posting often, but even a post here and there will be a delight coming from you.
May the Lord continue to use you in the lives He has placed before you ~ You are a precious servant of the Lord.

Enjoy your beautiful day as you celebrate the goodness of God!
Love and hugs ~ Debbie

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Happy Birthday Sylvia! It is indeed a blessed day. Enjoy your special day and I look forward to any of your future posts.

Lady of the Manor said...

Happy birthday, Sylvia, and take care of yourself!! Blessings to you and your loved ones. Zenda

Margie said...

Happy Birthday, Sylvia! Your visits at my blog are always a blessing!

RoseyGirl said...

Happy Birthday, Sylvia !! Hope your day was wonderful. I don't write blogs, but I sure do love reading yours . You are one of the blessings in my life, because of the kind things you do post. You're my inspiration in many ways, God Bless, hugs, Susan

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Happy Birthday, Syl!!!!!

Sorry I am late with these wishes, but they're are as sincere as can be! Hope your day was awesome!

God bless you with good health and happiness all year long, dear friend. ♥

doodles n daydreams said...

I pray you had a wonderful birthday, filled with lots of the things you love.
I look forward to seeing whatever you post, whenever you post. God Bless you.

Diana

Visits With Mary said...

Sylvia, I really enjoy your blog. You have blessed me with some wonderful messages. Hope you don't stay away too long. I hope your birthday way happy and blessed. ((hugs))

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, I will miss your warm and friendly happy blogs. I hope you won't stay too far away. But I do understand that sometimes we need to pause in the midst of life and just live! Happy Birthday dear friend. You are a real blessing to me. Thank you!!

janice15 said...

Birthdays i dont seem to count them anymore... I dont mind aging either but it ps the aches and pains that seem to be coming with it all. I put my trust in God everyday.. Lovely post. Hope your day is special with love Janice

Lady Linda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY....I always enjoy your blog too. It was nice to hear how your came up with your name. Hugs.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I am new to the Home Living site that lead me to your blog. I love what you posted, and can relate, because I, too, am older. It is like a breath of fresh air for me to see a blog from an older lady. I sometimes feel like I fail because of not being able to keep up with young ladies. I am learning to be happy with living in my own pace. You helped confirm that it is good to do.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Happy belated Birthday wishes to you, Sylvia! Your message that you shared is so heartfelt and yes, we need to truly count our blessings and be thankful in all things.