Monday, August 5, 2019

Words to Live by....Grace and Character







"I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins ,even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings."
Jeremiah 17: 10
KJV



It's going to be hard for me to write this post, for I know God sees my heart. I do try to live to please Him, but I also know I live in my flesh and it's so easy to listen to it than to the voice of God, the Holy Spirit. It truly hurts when He is trying to get my attention.


"Character can not be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trail and suffering can the soul be strengthen."
Helen Keller

I find that when I get tired from dealing with the days chores and caring for my hubby, I sometimes am not the most gracious as I should be. I have to  ask forgiveness from my Lord and my hubby.

"Therefore let us come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."
Hebrews 4:16



For God to show me mercy, I must show it to others also. I love Proverbs 31, it tells me how I should live. I fall short every day. That's when I am reminded about endurance, staying focused, and trust. I am a Jar of Clay, waiting for God to change me to be all He wants me to be.
There again, He's more interested in how I show His love than my comfort.



Self control and discipline myself is hard for me.
My character is important to me. It tells others that there's something different about me. I want them to see Jesus in me, not myself.


So when I find myself in a trail, I must take a look at my heart and conform it to God's word, ask forgiveness and go forth in His ways, not my own.


Go in this day knowing God is for us and not against us. Conform to His ways not our own.


Be Blessed!
Sylvia

10 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

This was wonderful, Sylvia. I do appreciate you daily posts and messages of inspiration. You are a blessing to me. God is working in each one of us. We all have our failures and shortcomings, but praise be to God, He knows our hearts and He loves us and forgives us and picks us up and sets us back on the right path. That is such a blessing and joy to know that we are forgiven and given a new opportunity each day to live a better life for the Lord. Thank you for your faithfulness to share these thoughts with us. I am getting so lazy in my writing and it is dragging me down. You have given me a lift in my heart today. God bless you!

Deanna Rabe said...

I think we all know how often we walk in our flesh! But yes, God is using these things to teach us to listen to Him and to walk in grace!

I love when people share real faith, the good and the struggles!

Be Blessed!

Red Rose Alley said...

Sylvia, you are doing a special thing taking care of your sick husband. Me and my brothers and sister took care of my aging parents, but my brother got most of the work, as he was there daily. It can be exhausting, and watching dear parents suffer and die is very hard. When I went to dialysis with my mom, I felt so bad for her, cause she was always cold, and bundled blankets on her all the time. Keep praying, Sylvia, for strength and comfort, and you already have the most important thing your husband needs.....love for him. : )

~Sheri

Terri D said...

Thank you for this! God bless you!

Dianna said...

You're so right. Thank you for sharing those wonderful quotes. There's a lot to think about here.

Visits With Mary said...

I think of lot of us walk this same journey. We are so blessed to have such a loving God who understands our weakness' and shows us so much mercy. One of my 'go-to' scriptures is Psalm 51, Create in me a clean heart O Lord. Your post touched my heart. Love ya!

Linda said...

Yikes...very powerful...I say yikes, because character is something we all should have and you dropped a major truth bomb, smiles.

Laurel Wood said...

I have been in your shoes and I admire all that you do. I think you are doing a marvelous job. You are in the prayers of all of your blog friends. xo

Chatty Crone said...

You put your heart out there today and shared. It is hard taking care of others - always doing the right thing, not being appreciated - I know from experience. But I love how you stay such a positive Christian knowing God is still there. sandie♥

Margie said...

This is just what I needed to see today after a rough day at work. Thank you for sharing!