Thursday, August 1, 2019

Words to Live by....Jars of Clay








Even in my desire to obey and learn of God, to become more of service to him, I sometimes (OK, often) fail to listen and seek His wisdom.
I find myself praying but not listening to hear him speak to me. I ask myself why am I praying to God and not listening to what He has to say to me.

"We have this treasure in jars of clay
to show that this all surpassing
power is from God and not from us."

2 Corinthians 4:7

The treasures of the gospel is in the human frailty of the followers of Jesus Christ. We are jars of clay and at times the broken pieces of our lives can reveal God's power in our imperfections.
So why don't I listen and learn of Him. When
I allow His word to live in me, then his power
can show others the character of who He is. 

Dear Lord, in the broken pieces of my life,
let your words be alive and your power
seen by others. Life can be beautiful when
we listen and submit to your will.
Amen


Sylvia

12 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Amen...the key is to LISTEN and SUBMIT to God's will. So often we are so busy listening to the voices of the world that we can't hear God speaking to us...and then when we do hear Him, we find it difficult to submit because we want to go our own way. Our lives are so much more peaceful and pleasant when we take the time to listen and to obey. Wonderful post today. Thank you. I am trying to listen and also obey. Sometimes it is hard...but so thankful God doesn't quit speaking to us...

R's Rue said...

Thank you.

Chatty Crone said...

I know what you are saying - we ask and sometimes don't wait for an answer! sandie

Visits With Mary said...

Really touched my heart today! I am so guilty of praying and then taking over. WHAT? I need to back off and let GOD. I'm so thankful for a patient and loving Heavenly Father. Love ya Sylvia, hope you have a very happy and blessed day.

Visits With Mary said...

And Pamela Steiner, I'm so thankful He doesn't quit speaking to us too!!

Kathy said...

Beautiful! It’s so important that we have our devotion time, and also to have the quiet time that we listen for the Lord’s promptings! I am always asking for guidance from the Lord, so slow down, give it to Him, and listen for His voice in my heart!

Sandi said...

Amen.

Debbie Harris said...

Such a beautiful posting, Sylvia.
It is so true isn't it? I think the business of life in general has a way of keeping us from hearing that still small voice of the Lord.
I'm thankful for my Heavenly Father who loves me unconditionally, because I fail many times in my walk with Him.

I pray that you are doing well and that your husband is getting along good?

Have a most beautiful day 🌻

Terri D said...

Always uplifting, Sylvia! Thank you!

Red Rose Alley said...

The verse "lend your ear" really got to me. My son has a condition right now with his ears. We are trying to get the right help he needs and treatment to take care of it. Please say a prayer for him, would you, Sylvia? Thank you, dear.

~Sheri

Anonymous said...

Bangalore
Girls Gurgaon
Girls in Delhi
Air-Hostess In Delhi
Delhi Service
in Delhi
Delhi Girls
Delhi Girls
MUMBAI

Anonymous said...

service in Navi Mumbai
Housewife in Delhi
Hotel girls Service
Girls Delhi
elite delhi
Service in Mahipalpur
high profile service Delhi