Monday, April 23, 2018

Monday's Moment to Breathe





"Who can find a virtuous women? for her price is far above rubies." 
Proverbs 31:10

Seek to be a woman of virtue. The noun virtue  is behavior showing high moral standards. A quality considered morally good or desirable in a person.
A good or useful quality of a thing.

Today's standards seem to be lowered from the times of years ago. I see all around where the values instilled in me are no longer those of society today. This morning I saw where one state
is trying to ban the sell of Bibles. If preachers don't preach the truth and there are no more Bibles to read and hear God's word to us, I don't even want to think of the outcome of this country.

We can and should be a light of God's love for other to see. As women we can take Proverbs 31 and apply it to our lives in how we live, setting an example for the younger women. 

"Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised."
Proverbs 31:30

Let's instill in our young children the fear of God but at the same time tell them of His Love for a lost and dying world.  

A Moment to Breathe

Find a place today to quietly meet with God in prayer and meditation. Let His love and presence fill your heart.



Have a Blessed Day!
Sylvia

14 comments:

Karen said...

Praying for our nation, and for our president as he meets with world leaders.

Sandi said...

Amen.

Louca por porcelana said...

Thanks for sharing...Hugs.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Thank you for this excellent reminder to be the kind of woman God intended us to be. I pray that He will give me the wisdom I need in every situation as it comes. This was very timely today, Sylvia. Thank you. And yes, we must pray for our nation and our President and all leaders. We are in perilous times, but God is still on the throne. Praise God!

Red Rose Alley said...

Sylvia, first off I have to tell you that your red rose Header made my heart sing today. What a lovely post about the reminder of good morals in our world today. I haven't heard of the state that's trying to ban the sell of Bibles - that would be awful. I think you're right when saying that the values we were taught are no longer those of society's today, and I often ponder over this myself. Thank you for this very special post, Sylvia.

~Sheri

ps.....Jess really loved your charming state of Georgia. I can't wait to see it myself when Nel's baby is born. They had the best time in Savannah.

Nonnie said...

It seems more and more apparent that it may soon be a crime to raise our children with godly values. It is heartbreaking. I am praying that the banning bill in that state fails because I think other states may try to follow suit.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a beautiful post, Sylvia, and oh so true. I do spend time in quiet prayer with Our Heavenly Father, and hopefully I can I still God's ways with my grandchildren. Hope you have a beautiful week.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Beautiful thoughts Sylvia! And oh so very true and needed in our world today! I shake my head at what is going on where people want to ban the sale of the Bible! So very sad! Prayer is a cornerstone of my world, there is so much to be in prayer for! Hugs to you sweet friend :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sylvia, Thank you for sharing a beautiful post and Bible verses. My quiet time is early morning, when I am the only one up. Remembering you and your husband in my prayers. It sure has rained today!

Stephanie said...

Sweet Syliva, what a beautiful post. Thank you, my friend, for sharing such precious thoughts with us.

Have a blessed week. Love and hugs to you!

Debbie Harris said...

Lovely post, Sylvia~
I'm an early riser and find my quiet time with the Lord to be very special during those early hours. It seems the remainder of the day has God written all over it and it's much easier to see Him directing my steps.
Times have changed drastically in deed and we who know Christ, know that this is going to happen. I shake my head many times though and stand amazed at some of the things happening in our world. I remind myself that people are living in darkness and need the Light.
They are lost and in need of a Savior.
Thank you for sharing~

Billie Jo said...

Yes.
Just yes.
Thank you for sharing. And inspiring. : )

Cathy said...

Amen. You are so right.

doodles n daydreams said...

I totally agree.
blessings,

Diana