Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Flowers for Mother's Day






Saturday before Mother's Day, my 3 daughter's
took me to a Tea Room for lunch. We all enjoyed
our time together for about 2and a half hours.
My daughter, Gina, gave me a pot of Daises. I 
love flowers and Daises are one of my favorites. 

The love we receive on any day is wonderful, somehow Mother's Day is extra special. The love my girls and grandchildren gives me through gifts and cards, I treasure. Soon the gifts are used are put away and the flowers pedals fall off, the love in my heart is still there and the memories last.

During my Bible devotion this morning I was reminded of God's love for us that never fails, fades or goes away. It last forever. My spirit was
somewhat unsettled in me as I woke this morning.
This was my Bible verse as I turned to the page in my devotional book. 

Isaiah 4:8
"The grass withers and the flowers fall, 
but the word of our God endures forever."

It's so wonderful and calming to my soul and Spirit when God speaks to me from His word,
the Bible, and it's amazing how His timing is always right on time for our needs. I can go
 today knowing I am kept by His love that never
fails or fades like the flowers. 

Have a Blessed Day!


8 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, I love this, Sylvia! Thank you for this, as I was feeling some of the same thing...and this passage from God's Word is a wonderful reminder that God's love for us is unfailing, no matter what the season or age in our lives. He is always there, and will always go before us to make the pathway straight. Thank you, and I love that your daughters made your day so very special. You are blessed and loved!!!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

So glad you had a good Mothers Day. Am so thankful God never fails us and gives us His Word just when we need it most.

Terri D said...

God is good all the time! Looks like your Mother's Day was delightful and those flowers are beautiful. Daisys are my favorite.

Elizabethd said...

Such lovely flowers, and given with so much love.

Chatty Crone said...

Those flowers were beautiful. I am glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day - you deserved it.

Barbara said...

This is a beautiful post, Sylvia, a wonderful reminder of God's love when we wake up feeling unsettled.

The words in our blogs touch people near and far, those we know and those we've never met. We do well to remember to be good stewards of this platform the Lord has given to us as bloggers. Your words and encouragement have come to bless me and I thank you!

Red Rose Alley said...

Sylvia, your daisies are pretty and remind me of my Mom. That is so nice of your daughters to take you to the tea room on Mother's Day. This is a lovely picture of you in your blue sweater. This color is a favorite of mine to wear as well.

~Sheri

Lisa said...

I love that you had a happy Mothers Day. It is such a special day a lot take for granted. Your girls are too sweet and those flowers are beautiful.
Lisa