Sunday, July 28, 2019

Words to Live By: My Comforter




See I have refined you, though not as silver,
I have tested you in the furnace of affliction."
Isaiah 48:10


The last year and half has been a time of testing of my faithfulness to my Lord. Those that read my Blog and on Facebook know my hubby has had so many trails of his own.  Everyday I do a post on my Facebook page of a scripture and a prayer.
I have decided to do it also on my blog. This time
of struggles and trails has brought me closer to my Lord Jesus. I am no where near where I should be in my spiritual walk but I believe I am closer than a year ago. 

"Even the Spirit of Truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him, but you know him, for he dwells with you and shall be in you."
John 14:17

O Lord, you have given me your Spirit to live
in me, to show me the way I should go. You are
with me constantly, even when I wander off the 
path you have for me. You are with me to help 
me and lead me on this journey. Thank you
that your Holy Spirit lives in my heart.
Amen


Sylvia

9 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Comforting words. Thank you.

Laurel Wood said...

Thank you for sharing and I wish you a blessed day. xo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

We too have had answered prayer this year so I understand exactly what you are saying. I pray God continues to bless you and your husband.

Susie said...

Sylvia, I am praying for you and your husband. Ted and I are on a journey also. God has shown His mercy to us many times...we are blessed. May you be blessed , xoxo, Susie

Linda said...

Beautiful, smiles.

Terri D said...

Thank you for sharing your heart with us!! Lovely prayer. God is so good.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I look forward to your scripture posts on FB each day. I truly appreciate them. I am way behind in my posting and seem to be in a mental funk with too much going on that is taking my mental energies. Praying that once we get finally moved to our house I will be able to settle back into a pattern of more positive communication. Praying for you and Curtis each day. Trusting that he is doing well and that God is giving you the strength you need for each day. Hang in there dear friend.

NanaDiana said...

Well, as you know, our lives have not been easy ones with husbands that have multiple health issues. I do try to turn it over to God...think I am successful at doing that and then realize that I have taken the burden back. We strive for progress-not perfection, right?! xo Diana

Red Rose Alley said...

The red rose made my heart sing. And I look forward to seeing your posts with scripture and a prayer in the days ahead, Sylvia. I love this John verse today, thank you. : )

~Sheri