Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Words to Live by,,,Telling Other Generations








Have you ever notice the difference in others that are of different generations. I love my family, my children and my grandchildren. There are times when I notice we may have different opinions of things. It doesn't mean either of us are wrong in our thinking, we learn and grow at different stages of our life.

"One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts."
Psalm 145:4

Generations differ in there life experiences and values. This is also true with us that are following Jesus. Our spiritual connections should be stronger than what we wear or the music we like to listen to. We need each other regardless of our differences, we should share our faith with every generation. 

"To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom."

"Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endures throughout all generations."
Psalm 145: 12-13

O Lord, teach me your ways so that I may teach them to each generation that I have contact with.
Help me be a better example of your love and ways, so others will see you and want to know and follow you. In Jesus name, Amen

Sylvia

14 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Amen! This is a wonderful post, Sylvia, and so true. We pray that we will be able to teach the younger generations to love God and welcome Jesus into their hearts and lives. I have found that the best way is to live my life for Christ so that they can see Jesus in me. Sadly, they often don't listen to our "preaching", so we just have to demonstrate God's faithfulness by our own lives. This is so important. Thank you for sharing this today.

Sandi said...

I think you are a wonderful example of His love and ways.

Sandi said...

Pamela's comment above reminds me of this saying (may be St. Francis of Assisi), "Preach the Gospel at all times. If necessary, use words."

NanaDiana said...

There is so much difference in the way we think about things. When we were our kids' ages we had a whole different 'take' on things. Neither right nor wrong. Just different. xo Diana

Deanna Rabe said...

This made me think that sometimes a generation is stronger in their faith than another and we need to help them along through encouragement, how we live our lives, and speaking the truth in LOVE!

Kathy said...

Hi Sylvia, I am new to your site. What a beautiful post. Our prayer group last week, we were just talking about showing our love and faith of Jesus, through our actions! Yes, sometimes it is not words, but how we live! I hope you stop by.

Sylvia said...

Thank you everyone for your encouraging comments. I learn from each of your comments.
Sylvia

Red Rose Alley said...

I know what you mean, Sylvia. I often talk to my children about their generations, and it is so unfamiliar to me at times. But you're right, we should let our faith shine for others to see. And sometimes my kids will surprise me and say something that shows their faith. They teach me as well. : )

Have a blessed week.

~Sheri

Laurel Wood said...

I don't have children or grandchildren but I know things have changed over the years. It is a blessing to have blog friends to share the Bible verses and encourage and pray for one another.

Kathy said...

Hi again! Sorry, here is my info... http://myhomeandheart.blogspot.com.

Dianna said...

This is very wise! It's important for the generations to learn from each other. Once I was in a church congregation where everyone was about the same age, and I missed hearing from my older, wiser sisters! I need the perspective of older women so I can learn through their examples how to grow older gracefully.

Terri D said...

You are a blessing!!

Chatty Crone said...

You are a blessing.
I do notice the difference in generations - what is important to them verses us. How they treat people. And more...
I think it is a bit sad.
Love, sandie

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a wonderful post, Sylvia. Hopefully we learn from each other and we will be good examples and stewards to the younger generation.