Thursday, July 18, 2019

God's Story of Love, Throw back Thursday


Update, my hubby continues to improve but still needs care, 
I would love for him to be 100% again!








Throw back Thursday!
from April, 2018

A few weeks ago I received a summons for Jury Duty. My first thoughts were, "oh my, how am I
going to be able to do this, I need to be with my 
husband who's unable to do much for himself, even though he wants too, he  doesn't need to be left alone for a long period of time."
He no longer drives and needs to be driven to doctors appointments and Physical Therapy.
I began to pray as I filled out the paper to be mailed back. I checked the box that said I was a caregiver and needed to be excused. 

""
"Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name,
proclaim his deeds among the people"
Psalm 105:1

I told my 3 daughters, and they began to pray also that the Lord would work this out in my favor.
Monday when I went to fulfil my duty, I found myself sitting between two ladies. We began to talk with each other as we waited for the judge. I found myself encouraging them and they me. I am amazed how God works to bring peace and comfort in times of stress. Two ladies I had never met and may never meet again was placed there for support. I have always felt like my Spiritual Gift was to be an encourager, although God tells us all to 'encourage one another'.

" Therefore encourage one another"
1 Thessolonians 5:11

I was dismissed from jury duty and came away feeling blessed to have been given the opportunity to encourage these two ladies. I have learned that we will be blessed with joy and peace when we bless others. God hears and answers our prayers!

"Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works."
Psalm 105:2


I love to tell the story of how God blesses me.



Have a Blessed Day!


13 comments:

Karen said...

I am thankful for encouragers like you!

Dianna said...

What a blessing to read here, Sylvia. I am blessed at how God put you between these two ladies to encourage them when you yourself needed to be encouraged. We can never outgive God, can we?

Elizabethd said...

God provides unexpected opportunities.

Stephanie said...

Oh Sylvia, what a precious story and beautiful example of the power of prayer! And what a blessing the Lord sent you with the two ladies {{smiles}} His ways are truly perfect.

Love and hugs to you!

Nonnie said...

God is so good to place His people at just the right place at just the right time. He knows what we need and He is good to supply. God bless you, sweet lady.

Toni said...

Isn't wonderful how The Lord works in our lives. You were blessed to help the two ladies and to be excused from jury duty. Praise The Lord for His wondrous ways. Have a blessed evening dear Sylvia.

Anonymous said...

So thankful for answered prayer for you. I pray that you, your husband and family will have a blessed Easter. xoxo

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Wow! What a story! God uses the most interesting ways to put us in place to serve Him and encourage others. Thankful your prayer was answered regarding no jury duty for you, but how wonderful you had that time to be in God's special place to lift up those around you. God does work in mysterious ways.

Debby Ray said...

I love it when things like happen! You know without a doubt that God was the one to orchestrate every detail. Thank you for sharing this with us! Blessings!

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful story, Sylvia!!!! God is in control, isn't he?! Glad you didn't have to suffer through jury duty. I hope you have a wonderful, blessed Easter- xo Diana

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

This is such a great witness to the Divine Mercy of the Living God!

My old friend, may the Lord bless you and your family this Holy Easter and always.

Hugs, prayers and love. ♥

Chatty Crone said...

My daughter served this summer and did not get excused. lol I am so glad God took care of you like you take care of your hubs. Love, sandie

Anonymous said...

service in Navi Mumbai
Housewife in Delhi
Hotel girls Service
Girls Delhi
elite delhi
Service in Mahipalpur
high profile service Delhi