Wednesday, October 8, 2014

October Breast Cancer Awareness Month




Our lives are so important to
ourselves and to all those that 
Loves us!

October is Breast Cancer awareness month!
In honor of my mother, who had breast cancer, and passed away in 1980, I dedicate this post.  I love and miss her every day.


She was and still is an inspiration to me. She taught me to have faith and seek God! I am so blessed to have had a devoted christian lady for my mother!




So today I will have my tea on the patio with my pink cup that my daughter gave me for Christmas along with my teapot with pink flowers. 






 I love the color pink and the gold trim. It doesn't have a back stamp, just a 'flower and Japan'  on the bottom.
Don't you love the handle, so dainty!












Love my pink Swan that was a gift from one of my girls, some years ago!  The pink butterfly on top of the teapot is just right for the occasion. 



One last banana nut muffin, too!







Have a Blessed Day, and remember to get your Mammogram!

Sylvia

13 comments:

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Lovely tribute to your Mama.

Beautiful photos also.

I have a mammogram ever year, when I have my yearly gyno appointment.

Tessa~
"Here there be musing" blog

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A nice tribute to your mother and a very pretty teacup. The handle is quite ornate!
Our provincial health care program sends a letter out to women over 50 every 2 years to book their mammogram.

Susie said...

Sylvia, I love your tribute to your mom. Your cup is so pretty. Anything you drink in that would be a nice drink. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Stephanie said...

Hi Sylvia! Your tribute to your sweet Mama is beautiful! She is lovely just like you :)

And your tea cup is gorgeous! I have never seen a handle like that. Have a blessed day, dear friend. Love you!

NanaDiana said...

Thanks for the mammogram reminder, Sylvia. I had to cancel mine before and need to reschedule it. Love the tribute to your sweet Mom and the pretty way you will celebrate her today. That tea cup is beautiful! xo Diana

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Sylvia: Your Mama was beautiful! What a wonderful tribute to this Christian Lady. That pink cup is amazing. Have a wonderful week and thanks for sharing. Blessings, Martha

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Lovely tribute to you Mom. Your treasured tea cup is beautiful. Enjoy your last banana nut muffin and thanks for the reminder.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Sylvia, this is a lovely tribute to your mother. How wonderful to have that Christian heritage passed on to you! You have been very blessed! Your pink teacup is so pretty with a lovely handle. Our provincial health care program here on the Island notifies me every two years to get my mammogram and I always do. Thank you for your lovely post and joining me for tea. Have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

God's Grace Overflows said...

Good Afternoon, Sylvia!

What a lovely tribute to your mom. How very precious! I am so glad she was such a great mama to you and you still carry the love for her with you. I love the tea cup, it's very dainty indeed. I hope you enjoyed your tea and your muffin. It's just a great day to celebrate, isn't it?!

Have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Amy

Debbie said...

Love it! I have warm sweet memories of spending the night with her and waking up on the sofa bed with her reading the bible by lamplight. I'm extremely blessed with such a godly legacy. Love ya! Debbie

Linda said...

I am sure your mama is looking down on you and smiling. Moms are like that. She left you with a legacy. Love the tea cup!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful tribute to mama, sis! I love you!

Beth in NEPA said...

Beautiful tribute to your mom
I too lost my mom to this awful thing. I feel lucky that I am now a 12 year survivor. I would never miss my mammogram. It caught mine very early.