Friday, March 18, 2016

Overwhelmed !







 Do you ever get overwhelmed with your  duties you need to do each day.   It may seem as if
no one cares, and everyday it's the same thing over and over. Do you sometime cry out "Lord, I can't do everything".





 Yes, I do get like that at times, but when I stop and remember that I am to "do all things as unto the Lord" !  Colossians 3:23, I am calmed and remember that my goal should be to please my Lord and do it as unto Him,and not others.

 My Bible study this morning, was about this very thing that I seem to face each day.  When you are involved in outside activities, family and  household duties and struggle to find some time for yourself, it can and sometimes is overwhelming.






 It's easy to get down on yourself and have what I call a "pity party".  You feel sorry for yourself and begin to believe that you can't accomplish any thing or do it right.





When you struggle to do all things in your on strength, yes we do get tired and get down on ourselves.

Our Lord doesn't expect us to do "everything", but He does "equip" us to do what He wants us to do and that isn't everything. 

Find some time today to sit quietly, pray and draw near to God.





Have a Blessed day!
Sylvia 


Linking to Breathing in Grace 

20 comments:

Linda said...

Yes ma'am to everything you said. A beautiful post, have a lovely day, friend.

Mamaw's Place said...

Beautiful. I get like that a lot and have to stop and think of my favorite verse. "Be still and know that I am God." I think we all forget who is in control at times. I love your blog.

Mamaw's Place said...

Beautiful. I get like that a lot and have to stop and think of my favorite verse. "Be still and know that I am God." I think we all forget who is in control at times. I love your blog.

Melanie said...

Beautiful post, Sylvia! I have to remind myself often to rest and let God refresh me. I love the graphic of the 23rd Psalm. So true! Have a blessed day.

Breathing In Grace said...

Just like I told Ms. Melanie, what I'm reading is speaking to me more and more about this Armor of God studying I'm doing with the ladies at our church. I get so down on myself and realize it's satan...that's exactly where he wants me to be. OH, how God's opening my eyes and heart, and again....it ain't too pretty. :( This is such a beautiful post with great illustrations....thanks so much for joining in. So glad we're blogging friends...and Facebook!!! HOPE you have a great weekend.

Linda said...

Thanks. Lately I have just been overwhelmed.

Susie said...

Sylvia, We are harder on ourselves than we need to be. We need to remember to just keep chipping away at chores or jobs...it''ll all get done in due time. Some people need to remember it's okay to tell people , "no, I can do that for you right now, I am busy." I ask God to help me lots. :):)Blessings to you, xoxo,Susie

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh my, your thoughts are so similar to mine today. I am just getting ready to write, and I was amazed at some of the thoughts your shared that coincide with what God has laid on my heart today. Praying you are having a wonderfully blessed and peaceful day.

Stephanie said...

Precious friend, what an inspiring and encouraging post! My heart and soul have been refreshed, dear Sylvia.

Love to you!

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I hear ya, Sylvia. No matter what is going on there never seems to be enough hours in the day to get it all done. But--you are so right with everything you touched on here. Blessings. Hope YOU found a peaceful spot today. xo Diana

Row. said...

That was beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Barbara Neubeck said...

.. Hello Sylvia... I LOVE what you have written today.
I get overwhelmed sometimes and feel frustrated with all the things I need to do.
It is wonderful to go to God in Prayer and be comforted.... to take a relaxing breath and.. continue xxxxx
Have a lovely day... Hugs.... Barb xxxx

Lady of the Manor said...

Thank you for this beautiful post, Sylvia.

MrsFreida said...

You just don't know how much of a blessing this was to me today!!!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What beautiful words you've shared in this post, Sylvia! God bless you and Happy Easter week to you.

Aritha said...

Thanks. I am printinting this out for myself to read again and again. It's beautiful.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, that is so beautiful Sylvia!! I love this. Thank you for sharing this again today...I needed this reminder as well. This was right on time! Blessings to you today!!!!

Visits With Mary said...

Love this post, was it written just for me? I sure have had my share of pity parties, but God has been so faithful to lift me up and sit me on solid ground. He truly is our wonderful Savior!

Mamaw's Place said...

I love this! I really needed this today. Sometimes the simple things overwhelm me. Like everybody expecting you to do things for them but nobody volunteering to do things for you.

Breathing In Grace said...

Very fitting, a year later because I seem to be going through this again. Thank you for reposting.