Thursday, October 26, 2017

Tea-lightful Thankful Thursday







I am so thankful God woke me this morning!
It's going to be a beautiful day, even if it is Cold!

In reading my daily devotion this morning it made me stop and be thankful for the things in my life.
It told of how all things seems to be going digital.
We don't need to subscribe to magazines, have a Bible or even a TV.  
Technology has it's place and can be good, but for me I like a magazine to hold in my hand and look at when I want to.



My Bible is a very big part of my day and life.
I read it every morning to start my day off right.
I am so Thankful I have it. 


"Thy word have I hidden in my heart"
Psalm 119:11

Reading and meditating on God's word to us, helps when we don't have the bible with us. God can bring a verse to our memory when we need it.

I am Thankful for this day the Lord has given me to enjoy!


Autumn Gold teacup trio



I have been on a low Carb diet for the last 6 months. I am so thankful, with God's help, I have lost 27 lbs. I always knew I should eat healthier, I just didn't do anything about it until I got to a weight I couldn't see me at.
I am also Thankful for my sister Linda and my friend, Jane, and family and friends that has encouraged me. I guess I should say that I'm Thankful for Adkins bars, they fill me and help suppress my desire for sweets!



Have a Blessed Day!
Enjoy and be Thankful we have it!


Sylvia

11 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Love this "tea-lightful" thankfulness post today. I am also thankful for God's Word...His love letter written to us personally...new and fresh every morning with my cup of tea...What a wonderful way to start each new day. So thankful for the way you are diligently pursuing your healthier life style and diet. I know God is going to help you reach your goals and keep it going. We tend to take our health for granted until something gets our attention. I am thankful that God has helped me in this area as well. Praying for you today. Enjoy this gorgeous fall day. 47 degrees here this morning...for us in Florida...this is Chilly...but wonderful!!!

Debby Ray said...

I agree about technology...it is a mixture of good and not so good and like you, I would rather look at a real magazine...love feeling those slick pages in my fingers! Congratulations on your weight loss...I really need to get back on the low carb wagon like I should. I love the Atkins bars and always keep a stash in my drawer. Have a blessed day, my friend!

Visits With Mary said...

I'm with you, I much prefer to have a book/magazine in my hand, I love to turn the page and see what's next. I also prefer to have my Bible, I make notes and highlights on the pages. . . and refer back to them often. It is so awesome that you've lost those pounds. You go girl..!!!

Susie said...

Sylvia, I am so happy for you in your weight loss. Yes, having a bit of sweets can help us stick to it. I love friends and family that encourage. Blessings to you dear, xoxo, Susie

Stephanie said...

You have such a beautiful and precious spirit, my friend. Thank you for this lovely and encouraging post.

Wishing you a blessed afternoon! Love and hugs

Anonymous said...

So proud of you and your weight loss. This is a gorgeous tea cup trio and perfect for this time of year. God bless your afternoon.

Sandi said...

Love the teacups!

I unplug from time to time...it’s freeing.

Sue said...

Hi Sylvia, my name is Sue so nice to meet you, I so enjoyed this post, I too like to hold what I read in my hands, especially my bible.Friends are one of God's wonderful gifts to us.
Blessings,
Sue

Lisa said...

Congrats on your weight loss!
I admit I dont read my Bible as much as I should. I will read from my Bible app at times and do some of the devotions from it. I use the “UVersion Holy Bible app” Its nice.
Im with Sandi on the teacups...sooo cute!
Lisa

Red Rose Alley said...

I agree, there's nothing like holding a magazine or an old book in your hands. Oh my, the chocolate bar sure looks good. That is awesome that you lost 27 lbs! I just love your tea pictures, Sylvia. And this tea cup and saucer does look like Autumn. : )

~Sheri

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Sylvia I so agree with you. In fact, this weekend, my daughter and I went to the library to sign out books. I love technology but I too prefer my Bible in my hands. I'm into my 6th week of low carb! I have lost almost 15 pounds and probably have another 15 to go to feel satisfied. It's HARD though. I finally found a granola recipe with 12 carbs that I made over the weekend - it's SO good! Breakfast is the hardest. Even though I work from home, I don't have time to cook every morning so the granola is a great help. I also made a breakfast pizza over the weekend and froze it in slices. I've not had any Atkins products. I have only found ONE sweet recipe that didn't taste bad though haha. Problem too is my cholesterol shot up after the first few weeks on this diet so now I have to go low fat AND low carb. Limit the cheese, red meat, no heavy cream, etc. which makes it REALLY hard! If you have any recipe suggestions, I'd sure love to have them. There are so many recipes but I can't tell you how much butter and expensive ingredients I've wasted on things that went straight in the garbage!