Monday, December 31, 2012

LAST DAY OF 2012

 
Another year has come and gone, we look forward to a new year with Hope and excitement.  We remember good and not so good times from the year behind us, but knowing we are humans and things don't always go as "we" want them to go, we can look forward with faith seeking new goals and adventures in our lives.  I started blogging in April of this year.  Here are a few things I shared.
 
 
 
April
 
I visited a Strawberry Festival nearby and came home with a box of fresh strawberries.
 


 
 
 
May
 
I had a snack outdoors.


 
 
 
June
 
I shared my Demitasse Cups
 
 
 
 
 
I also visited my sister,Doris, and always love taking a walk through her gardens.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
July
 
My Southern Lady and Tea for One.  My sister Sharon, gave me the "tea of one "  set for my birthday one year.
 
 
It was also Independence Day! This was my table setting with my Ginny Doll.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
August
 
 
Yes, August, my birthday month!  A few years ago my daughter surprised me with my August teacup,  I had a tea snack among my flowers,
 
 
 
 
 
September
 
 
I won the Fall Give Away from Stephanie over at " The Enchanting Rose".  I was so blessed with these pretty cards, door hanger and pot holders.  Thanks Stephanie!
 
 
 
 
 
 
October
 
Every year my three daughters, granddaughter and I  go on a retreat for a few days.  This year we went to Tybee Island and Savannah for two nights and three days.  Next year my granddaughter Anna will start going with us.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
November
 
 
November 2, I went with my friend to Madison to buy tickets to the Christmas Tour of Homes and she and I had lunch at the Madison Tea Room and Garden!
 
 



Then on November 30th my sister Doris and I took the tour of homes day and the night tour!  The homes were beautifully decorated and she and I enjoyed our time together.
 

 
 
 
 
 
December
 
 
I shared my new 16 place settings china, it isn't really Christmas china but I think it did great with the green and gold.  I may never have 16 guest over for Tea, but you never know, do you?
 
 




And a day isn't complete without a cup of Tea!
 

 
 
 
And of course our Christmas bake day with all six of my grandchildren!  That was a day of making more precious memories than cookies!
 
 
 
 
 
Wishing Everyone A Happy and Blessed New Year!
 
Sylvia

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

It looks like you have had a wonderful year :)

I am so thankful we were able to meet through blogging - I always enjoy visiting your lovely blog.

Happy New Year to you!

Hugs,
Stephanie

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I have enjoyed getting to know you this past year, and am looking forward to an even better year in 2013! Thank you for being my new friend...someday maybe we will really have that cup of tea together! What a treat that would be! Happy New Year and God bless you and yours all year long.
Sincerely,
Pam

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

You had a great year - aren't you glad you decided to blog??????????

I knew you could do it!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Great 2012 recap. Beautiful teacups. I have two Ginnys.

Bernideen said...

Your REFLECTIONS are wonderful and I love Doris's garden!