Monday, July 6, 2015

In Our Own Garden


In the Garden
Charles A. Miles

I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses.
And He walks with me,
 and He talks with me,
 And He tells me I am His own;
 And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.
 He speaks, and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing. 

  I’d stay in the garden with Him,
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.















In Our Own Garden
author unknown

 Our lives are like a garden
And a lovely place indeed,
Where understanding is the soil,
Affection is the seed...
  



 And if we tend each little plant
With love and hope and care,




We'll share the flowers
of friendship,



For they'll bloom
and flourish there!
 





 Kind hearts are the garden,
Kind thoughts are the roots,
Kind words are the flowers,
Kind deeds are the fruits. 

Have a Blessed Day!

Sylvia

11 comments:

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

lovely photos...

lovely thoughts...

tessa

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

What a sweet and completely lovely post, Syl - love love love your poems and quotes.

Looks like your garden is thriving, and you've set up a beautiful teatime for yourself.

Have a wonderful week. Hugs. ♥

Stacy said...

Hello Sylvia! That was such a beautiful poem to begin this post. Your garden is looking so beautiful. A happy week to you!

Jan said...

Beautiful pictures and poem. I love that song-we sang it in church just last week.

Unknown said...

What a lovely blog you wrote today! I cant wait to be in His garden, worshipping and praising Him.

Gentle Joy said...

What pretty pictures and words. :)

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Such serene and lovely photos of your garden. Gardens bring so much joy.

Kay G. said...

I never see the glistening dew without thinking of the song "in The Garden". Lovely post. Thank you. xx

Stephanie said...

Dearest Sylvia, what a beautiful post! This is one of my favorite hymns and as I scrolled through your sweet post I was softly humming the tune :)

Thank you for sharing such a lovely post with Roses of Inspiration. My heart was greatly blessed this morning. Love to you!

Debby Ray said...

Lovely post, Sylvia...love the hymn and your pretty photos! I hope you are having a good Tuesday :)

NanaDiana said...

BEAUTIFUL post, Sylvia. That first hymn is one of the first ones I learned to play on the piano. I had three of them I learned first thing- The Old Rugged Cross, When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder and In The Garden. Your photos are just lovely- xo Diana