Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Little Drummer Boy


I love the song "The Little Drummer Boy"

He came to the stable to see the baby Jesus, the Christ child. He had no gift to give him, so he gave the baby the one thing he had. He played
his drum for him.

Like the poor widow in Luke 21:1-5,
who gave the last 2 pennies she had as an
offering. They both gave their all to Jesus.

"And he said, Of a truth I say unto you,
that this poor widow hath cast in more than
they all."
Luke 21:3

Today we may be poor and needy, but we
can give of our talents, we can give our all
to Jesus. He gave his all for us on the cross,
He gave himself, his life out of love for us.
As we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ
this Christmas, may we remember His gift
to us..His birth and His death on the cross!

Today I pray that I can give my all to Him
out of Love! 


6 comments:

Karen said...

A beautiful song and so much to be thankful for!

Terri D said...

A lovely reminder that we don't have to have riches. Beautiful!

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Sylvia,"Little Drummer Boy" is my favorite Christmas song. There is something so innocent about it. It's also a lovely reminder about the joys of simple gift giving.
Have a blessed Christmas!

Chatty Crone said...

I also love the story of the woman who touches his robe and she is healed right away for her belief in HIM!

Breathing In Grace said...

I love that song, too. Merry CHRIST-mas, sweet Lady!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a beautiful picture. I always get a tear or two when I watch The Little Drummer Boy. With all the new Christmas shows on tv, I haven't seen this one in a long time. I really miss it.

~Sheri