Sunday, December 16, 2018

HOPE FOR SKEPTIC'S





This time of year for us that believe
the true meaning of Christmas, is a
miraculous time. A time when the
miracle of Jesus Christ birth is celebrated.

There are some that doubt that, they have
a different reason for this, they don't
believe God speaks to us. I know personally
that He speaks to me through my spirit. I
am convicted when I do wrong and at 
times before I even do it, I have this
urging that this isn't right for me.



It may be that some are reluctant to believe
is, they feel they're unworthy of forgiveness.
Sometimes we just don't want to admit
that we do wrong. We can have forgiveness
and renewed life.



That life, is faith in the reason for Jesus
Christ birth. His mercy and grace. He came
to DIE--- for us!
At times we are our own harshest judge. 
If we read His word, the Bible, 
 he will make sure it accomplishes His purpose.

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my
mouth, it shall not return unto me void, but
it shall accomplish that which I please, and 
it shall prosper in the thing where to I sent it.'
Isaiah 55:11

God speaks to us through His word. His
willingness to forgive surpasses our own.
When we learn this, we realize we can
and do hear God speak to our own hearts.
It is easier to believe He hears us when we
cry out to him. 


My prayer today for those that find it hard
to believe, is that God's Holy Spirit, reaches
down and touches their hearts and they find
that Christmas isn't just for pretty lights and
gifts, but the one TRUE gift of Jesus Christ
birth!


Have a Blessed Sunday
and
Christmas Season!

Sylvia

13 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I truly believe He speaks to us in many ways as well. Blessings to you today.

Sandi said...

Amen!

Thanks for sharing this with us, Sylvia.

Visits With Mary said...

My heart is heavy for those who don't know the Lord. It is my prayer that they open their heart to His Word and accept Him as their Lord and Savior.

Chatty Crone said...

What you say is the true and the way.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

This was so beautiful today, Sylvia. Yes, Jesus IS the true reason for Christmas. With faith in Christ, our lives are so much better. Without Him, we would be nothing and have NO hope! Christmas is so much more than just a story about a little baby being born in a manger. That little baby was God in the flesh...Emmanuel...God with us!! We are so blessed because He lives!!!!

Jan said...

Amen! Thanks so much for this post!

Toni said...

Beautiful post Sylvia. There is always hope. Be blessed my friend.

Terri D said...

I truly believe! This is a lovely post!!

Karen said...

Great truth and a lovely post.

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

This is such a blessed time of the year for those who believe. It's a time of joy and gratitude. We can easily get caught up in all the craziness of the the season and need reminders for the real reason of the season-Jesus's birth. That puts everything in perspective.
Have a wonderful week ahead!

Red Rose Alley said...

That is one of the prettiest Nativity photos that I've ever seen. I love the Purple, and I noticed the precious birds above.

Yes.......BELIEVE.

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

I just put that picture on my computer screen for Christmas, thank you. : )

God's Grace Overflows said...

Lovely post Sylvia! I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Hugs!