Sunday, December 2, 2018

Strength and Blessings







This morning as I had my Prayer time and Bible
study, I felt the Lord's presence, His love filled my heart. I also was reminded how this year has been for myself and my husband. We have endured trying times in our health and our relationship. Our God hasn't left our side at anytime, He is always faithful. 

"Who in heaven do I have but you? And I desire
nothing on earth but you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart, my portion forever."  
Psalm 73:25-26


Time is important in so many ways to us,
I am aware of it passing by as this year
is nearing the end and another to begin.
I pray that each of us will examine our
lives and seek Him that is in control of
all our coming and goings.

"Those who know your name trust in you
because you have not abandoned those
that seek you, Lord."
Psalm 9:10

Many gifts will be bought and placed under
the tree at Christmas.
Let's give the most important gift of all, 
God's LOVE to us, 
let's share His Love with other's.





"Lord I want to know you more each day,
and I want to trust you in deeper ways.
Thank you for hearing me when I pray."
Amen


Blessings,







10 comments:

bj said...

What a pretty post. I love it.
Praying for better health for you and your husband.
Merry Christmas...xo

Jan said...

Beautiful post!

Visits With Mary said...

Yes it is a very beautiful post. Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him. 1 Cor. 2:9. And I love these words from Deut...the Lord goes with you, He will not leave you or forsake you. Where would we be without the Word of God? Our guide, our encouragement, our peace, our comfort, and the list goes on and on. Love you bunches and keeping you in my prayers.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

A very sweet and thoughtful post this morning. Praying you and your husband have many healthy, happy days ahead. God never lets us down or forsakes us.

Chatty Crone said...

Beautiful post. I did not know you and your husband had health issues this year. Hope for a better 2019.

Terri D said...

Love is the best gift of all. Beautiful post!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Amen, Sylvia. I totally understand your thoughts shared here. We all go through challenges in our lives, and as we get older the challenges do not get easier. Dealing with health issues, financial issues, and other interpersonal stresses can be very "joy robbing", but praise be to God for His unspeakable gift of love and salvation...which covers us with His grace and mercy and gives us the peace and strength to keep going. Praying for you. May your Christmas be blessed.

Karen said...

I am so thankful for those quiet times with the Lord when he fills us anew with His Spirit and His Love!

Red Rose Alley said...

This is a nice post, Sylvia, to remember all that is important at Christmas time. And you know how much I loved that red rose, it's beautiful.

Wishing you peaceful and joyful December days.

~Sheri

Stephanie said...

Thank you for this sweet and and encouraging post, my friend. Visiting your blog always blesses my heart.

Wishing you a joyous day. Love and hugs!