Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tea Plantation

I was blessed once to go to Charleston,S.C. and visit the American Classic Tea Plantation.  I aways enjoy tea but never really thought much about how it got to my table, except from my grocery store.  It was very interesting.  Here are a few pictures I took while there.


The tea is harvested from bushes by a machine they invented.  It goes down each row over the bushes and collects the leaves, then it's taken to where it goes through several processes before becoming the tea that is used by consumers.





I bought a box of tea  from the store, there on the plantation. I really enjoyed it. I learned alot and enjoyed my visit and recommend the drive out to Wadmalaw Island, to anyone that is blessed with a trip to Charleston.



Have a Blessed day and enjoy a cup of Tea!

2 comments:

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Hi Sylvia,
Welcome to blogging! I am your newest follower.
Last year my husband and I went to the Charleston Tea plantation. I enjoyed it very much and learned alot about the processing of tea. That area is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing.
Nancy

Sylvia said...

Thanks,Nancy,for welcoming me, it is all new but hope to learn fast!