Monday, June 11, 2012

Recipe for German Chocolate Pound Cake

I tried a new recipe for German Chocolate Pound Cake over the weekend for my grandsons 16th birthday.  Everyone loved it and ate it all..I know I'll be making it again.  Here is the recipe if you would like to try it also.










You will need:

1 box Betty Crocker German Chocolate cake mix
1 can Betty Crocker coconut pecan frosting
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 cup chopped pecans (divide into 2 half cups)









Spray bunt pan with no stick spray. I like Bakers Joy cause it has flour already in it.





Combine ALL ingredients except using only 1/2 cup of pecans.. (Yes even the frosting,) and mix well.
Add the other half cup of pecans in bottom of bunt pan.




As you can see my bunt pan is well used, maybe it's time for a new one. Pour mixture into bunt pan.









Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
Cool in pan for one hour.









Turn onto plate after cooled for an hour






You can eat it without glaze, Here is recipe for the glaze.


1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring/or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract.

Mix together and drizzle over top.





This cake only lasted a couple hours but with 16 people eating it I guess that's about right. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy! I've never thought of putting pecans in the bottom of a bundt cake pan. That's a great idea. I'm going to have to try this because I know my family would love it too.