Sunday, January 28, 2018

A PLACE OF QUIET REST



There are days when you may need
to find a place to get away from all
life's pressure's. All the noise around
us, the TV, computer, and yes even
people.
We long for peace and quiet. 

"Come ye yourselves apart into a desert
place, and rest a while"
Mark 6:30






We can find that place where we love to go
and sit quietly so we can enjoy all of God's 
beauty around us. 
Maybe alone on a beach listening to the ocean
waves.





Maybe a green meadow surrounded by trees and 
mountains.


Or just a walk and enjoy nature.
There we may reflect on all that God has
done in our life.
His love and mercy, the blessings we may 
take for granted each day.

Where ever we find that place we can have
peace and feel His presence. We can cast all
our burdens on Him and have God filled peace 
that the world has taken away. That place
can only be found in our relationship with our 
Lord Jesus.

"There is a place of quiet rest,
near to the heart of God,
A place where all is joy and peace'
Near to the heart of God."
(Mcafee)

When we spend Time with God,
we will find our quiet place.

Have a Blessed Sunday!
Sylvia


8 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, yes, Sylvia! We all need that place and time of quiet rest with the Lord. Thank you for these lovely pictures and words to calm our spirits and lead us to a place of peace. May your SONday be filled with joy and blessing...and peace. Amen!!

NanaDiana said...

Beautiful post, Sylvia. Mine is anywhere that I am close to water. It soothes and calms me and ties me to my Creator. Blessings and Happy Sunday- xo Diana

Susie said...

Sylvia, I loved all the calm places you showed us in the pictures. There are many times when I feel the need to escape. I love times with God. We all need them. Hugs to you this Sunday morning. Bless you, xoxo, Susie

Billie Jo said...

So lovely.
I would choose a quiet place in the mountains. Fresh air, quiet, cozy.
Now...I like to visit church when it is empty. : )

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, that's why I love nature so - to think, to relax, to pray, and to listen. The meadow you showed here surrounded by trees and mountains does it for me every time.

Have a pleasant Sunday, Sylvia. This is really a lovely post.

~Sheri

Kay G. said...

Blessings on you, today and everyday.
We are in Nature, we are in a God made place. x

Toni said...

Wonderful post Sylvia. We all need that quiet place to rest our minds from every day problems.

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Lovely post. I continue to challenge myself to find quiet outdoor time during the winter. For me early morning walks with my dog are surprisingly relaxing and reflective. Hope you had a nice weekend.