Friday, January 26, 2018

Random Poto's for Friday


Friday's are special  since we get to 
post some photo's we've taken during
the week.
My grandson, Johnathan, called and asked
if we could have lunch together. We went
to this small but beautiful town where he 
goes to College. (We lived there some years ago).
We met at the Pastime Grill, a place where all
the locals gather.





This is a photo I tried to get of the College
after we left. I do all the driving now so I
had to get it out the front window. Please 
forgive how it looks.





Another shot from my window of Gordon State College. 




One day I made Apple Tarts.
I used a can of Grands biscuits
and a tub of Cinnamon Apples.
You just take the biscuit and roll
it out. Place a small amount of
the apples in the center and fold
over. Then you use your thumb or
fork and press the biscuit together.  





Some apple came out, but it sure was good.
I did melt some butter and put it on top of
the biscuit and then sprinkled cinnamon sugar
on it.






I love the sunrise every morning. 
Isn't this pretty!

I am linking with Debbie at Breathing in Grace,
for:



Have a Nice Day!

Sylvia

16 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

How fun to spend time with your grandson!

Those apple tarts look so good! My family would love them!

Happy Weekend!

Toni said...

Happy Friday Sylvia. I enjoyed every one of your photos. Grandsons are so special. I got to see mine during the Christmas holidays. He calls me often and we talk for an hour or less. Mine turns 25 tomorrow. I'm going to try your apple tarts as they look delicious. Have a day of blessings my friend.

Susie said...

Sylvia, What a cute place for lunch...a special lunch with your grandson. :) I am not good at snapping moving photos...so I try to pull over if can. :) After all it's like texting to me ...that is a stop before doing activity. LOL. Oh that wee little pie looks so darn good. Might have to try these. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
p.s. oh yes, I love your sunrise shot.

Melanie said...

How wonderful to be able to have lunch with your grandson! Your apple tarts sound delicious and they look good enough to eat! So easy too. Have a blessed weekend.

Billie Jo said...

What a nice afternoon with your grandson!
And your apple treats sound delicious...
I can smell them right now!
Have a lovely weekend. : )

Nonnie said...

What a nice afternoon with your grandson. I like the name of the cafe. Nowadays I do all the driving too, so it's hard to take pics when we are out. That apple biscuit is a great idea. Looks delicious. The sunrise is gorgeous!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Sounds so delightful. lunch with the grandson and the pictures of his college...so fun. The apple tart sounds delicious and simple to do. Great idea.Yes, that is a beautiful sunrise. Love it!!! You have a good view from your yard! So pretty. Loved it all.Hope your weekend is blessed and fun.

Visits With Mary said...

That is a beautiful sunrise picture and those turnovers look so good. I need one with a cup of coffee!

doodles n daydreams said...

It's so nice to spend time with grandchildren, lucky you. The little apple tarts look delicious, I'm a sucker for apple desserts :)

Diana

Breathing In Grace said...

Grandsons are absolutely awesome! So special you get to have lunch and spend time with him. Loved each of your fotos. Thanks for sharing and linking up with me. Hope you have a great weekend!

Joyful said...

I love your sun rise. I also love the fact you got together with your grandson and that looks like a lovely place to have lunch. I have some dough needing to be used and I wanted to make some kind of dessert so you've given me a great idea. Enjoy your weekend. xx

annie said...

That's so nice that he wanted to have lunch with you.
What a beautiful sunrise too.
I enjoyed seeing your photos.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Your pink sunrise is gorgeous!

NanaDiana said...

I do all the driving, too, which makes it hard to get good pictures.

Where do you find a tub of cinnamon apples?

The pink sky shot is beautiful. xo Diana

Cathy said...

Beautiful sunrise. That tart looks delicious! Sounds easy. I must try to make it.

Red Rose Alley said...

Sylvia, your random photos always make me smile. Those apple tarts look so good. I wish I had one to go with my coffee this morning. And the sunrise is glorious. How nice that your grandson called you to have lunch together. That's special, indeed.

~Sheri