Tuesday, January 23, 2018

New Family Pet






My granddaughter, Morgan, birthday was
December 29th. Her daddy surprised her
with a new puppy. She lost her Ellie a few months
earlier. It's a Mini Dachshund named Red.


She brought him for a visit on Sunday.
He's 8 weeks old now, and so cute.


My Chihuahua ,  Madi is a very protective family pet. She likes no one, just family. She
especially doesn't like other dogs.
I wish she wasn't like this but that's the way
it is.



To our surprise, she liked Red. At least that day
she did. I'm guessing it's because he's so little.



We took them for a walk together. Red didn't like walking on the dormant grass. It was a little harsh.
I hope they continue to get along, Madi needs a friend.




Maybe he'll come for a visit often so Madi can get use to him.

Pets are a great companion always excited to see you when you come home after being gone so long. Wagging their little tails and jumping up and down. They are part of the family, giving us unconditional love.

Have a Blessed Day!
Sylvia


7 comments:

Susie said...

Sylvia, Glad you have a companion dog. Little red is a cutie pie. Your granddaughter is so sweet to visit and bring him for you to see. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Visits With Mary said...

Red is so precious, hope Madi continues to accept him. Love my dogbabies too, they also are Chihuahua's, very loving but no strangers allowed! They are very hostile towards my little granddaughters, I'm sad to say I have to crate them when they're at the house.

Sandi said...

So sweet! :)

Billie Jo said...

How precious!!!!
And yes. Pets make life so much sweeter. : )

Toni said...

Red is so adorable Sylvia. My son and DIL had 3 long haired doxies that have since passed. They were such fun to watch and were very possessive of their territory. They now have another mini terrier, 2 cats and a possessive cockatoo. No children so their pets are their babies. Have a blessed evening my friend.

Lisa said...

Little red is adorable! Madi looks so concerned! Hahaha.
Lisa

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

OH he is ADORABLE!!! I love his little wrinkly forehead in that one picture! Such a cutie! I hope he and Madi become friends! Maybe since they met so early on things will go smoothly.